• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hitachi AX-M133

Moglee

Standard Member
:confused:
I bought one of these from ebay, it will not go into DAB mode, all that happens when pressing the radio button is the display reads 'DAB Ready' cannot do an autoscan or manual tuning, also it will not go into FM mode. I know this is a stupid question but does it sound if the unit is faulty?

chriswyatt

Established Member
I think I read that you need to autoscan DAB before you use FM, but, I'm not certain on that. This may be a silly question but have you checked the manual?

Moglee

Standard Member
:smashin:
Yes I have read the manual, it says that when it is first turned on it performs a DAB scan, it does the same if it is moved to a different area. All you get when you go into DAB mode is 'DAB ready' on the display, pressing any of the buttons on the remote does nothing, the signal where I am is very good, so much so that you can pick Freeview up using a knitting needle.

pws

Prominent Member
Hi

I repaired one of these for my mate who got it from ebay.

they are returns but should have been repaired. Simple fix too.

I took it apart and soldered the outdside of the antenna connection back in place.
Its the earthing so the centre of the cable was fine but the female wasnt electrically connected.

Hope this helps

cheers

Paul

Moglee

Standard Member
:clap:
Hey great, nothing looked to be out of place si I tapped it a couple of times put everything back together and it works, can't believe it was something so simple. You could have warned me about the casing, the outer metal case is stuck to the inner plastic on by double sided tape. Still no matter it works, if I could buy you a drink I would, many many thanks.

Moglee

Standard Member
:hiya:
Right you fixed that for me, how about the transformer hum? Is it possible to replace it, and if so how much would they be?

pws

Prominent Member
:hiya:
Right you fixed that for me, how about the transformer hum? Is it possible to replace it, and if so how much would they be?

Hi Mate

Glad it worked. Cant help with the hum sorry

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom