1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi, another problem?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by ziocleto, Apr 3, 2004.

1. ziocleto

ziocleto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've got a hitachi PMA400E so far so good.
    A couple of days ago, I've seen a strange phenomena appear on the second VGA input, (HTPC->PLasma)
    Some really noticeable horizontal banding, this lines are really strong with high contrast colors (black/white for example), and almost not noticeable on low contrast images.
    I've taken some shots:

High banding, windows's windows ;)
    [​IMG]
    High banding, windows's windows ;)
    [​IMG]
    Almost ok on the desktop, image low contrast:
    [​IMG]

So, I dont believe is a driver problem cos It's always been woking fine,
    can it be some earthing problem?
    I've seach a couple of thread try to find someone else who has experienced that, I've found a couple but nobody then told what was the problem.

So anybody has got a clue please?

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Swap the inputs, that'll help narrow it down. If the problem is the same on both VGa's with the PC, try the PC on a different monitor. Then another PC on the plasma, you see where I'm coming from? You will have some idea about where the problem is after that I should think.

3. ziocleto

ziocleto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep this is also my personaly DIY troubleshooting standard procedure ;) Well, I've narrowed down to these conclusions:

1) Changing VGA input doesnt make any difference
    2) Using just Plasma and PC and powered directly on the wall sockets doesnt solve it neither. (I thought it was an earthing problem, and still thinking it is)
    3) PC and another monitor is fine, no banding
    4) Plasma and all other inputs are fine, no banding

But...

I've ran into a strange problem with my amp, (Sony STRDE685), basically after few minutes it's on it goes into "PROTECT" mode, looking at the manula it clearly says that protect mode, as I thought, is activated when a short circuit is detected.

So there is still some problems with electricity, any idea how can I trace it? And how can I eventually fix it?

Thanks,
    Dave.

4. ziocleto

ziocleto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right I've fixed it.
    It was video card fault, the old good GeForce1 now RIP.
    That was weird! Argh!