Hitachi 7200

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by CFC1, Mar 28, 2006.

1. CFC1

CFC1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,231
    Rickyjohn: I'm missing you mate. Did your 7200 arrive yesterday as planned?

2. rickyjohn

rickyjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    he he. Made me laugh that!!

Got it!!!!! Well as I stated I haven't had much of a chance to play - until its wall mounted the onle place it can go out of reach of the kids is on the floor in the corner of my study.

HOWEVER! What I have seen its looks amazing! And bearing in mind I'm not really at the right viewing distance/angle!

Sky+ looks very good, and thats with a cheapy scart (got a new IXOS RGB only one coming this week). DVD thru component looks excellent, but only tried that for 5 mins :)

Plugged my PC in to run some HD WMV clips downloaded from Microsoft. Exceptional AND that was through a VGA cable, so not even sending a true HD/digital signal to it!

Anyway, this Friday got a guy coming to mount it, put all my speakers up, move sockets, skim the plaster etc etc so my living room will be sorted (apart from paint, new sofa and new wooden floor!!!!).

Whens your coming mate - excited? Probably Thursday I'll start that new 7200 owners thread including 'before' photos of the living room and my current settings etc!

3. CFC1

CFC1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,231
    Excellent! I'm made up for you mate. Can't wait to see your photos. That new 7200 owners thread will be welcome. There are 4 or 5 of us on the forum that are getting ours this week.
    Unfortunately we only moved into a brand new house 3 months ago and the wife wouldn't entertain knocking the walls about for wall mounting. Mines coming tomorrow afternoon. Unfortunately, I'm working 3 -11pm so it'll be Thursday before I actually open the box (naw, I'll do it tomorrow night when I get home!).

4. rickyjohn

rickyjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Nice one mate. I'd be the same, know I should wait till the next day after some rest but can't resist!!!

What I will say is, although I can't wait to see it on the wall, the swivel stand is cool and you'll love that.

Just played Matrix Revolution through it on DVD via component - wow! Had a major panic though. It was looking all green at first. Thought oh no, whats this (with the TV). Then I fiddled with the component leads in back of DVD and the picture flickered between normal and green etc. Relieved it wasn't the TV, then worried it was the connections on the new DVD player. But swapped the component cables (I had bought 2 sets from this place on the net I found) and all was fine then, so must have been dodgy connections on the first set of leads. Phew!

5. CFC1

CFC1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,231
    Phew is right! Are you mounting it with its own speakers? By the way, how good are the speakers. I mean not just the power output , but soundqualitywise. There isn't a pseudo surround sound mode is there?

6. rickyjohn

rickyjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    CFC1, see my reply in the other thread ('best plasma for 1400'). But basically, no, the panel going up by itself, but I'm using the detached speakers as the front two speakers on my surround system - the fitter is putting them on the wall in the corner of the room- good suggestion by him and will look pretty good imo.

To be totally honest, I haven't even tried the speakers!!!! As they came already detached, I've had precious little time and I won't be using them attached anyway, I haven't even bothered to connect them up, so sorry mate can't answer the audio questions.

7. CFC1

CFC1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,231
    No probs mate - I'll know soon enough!
    Good idea for using the speakers in the corners. It 'll keep that uniformity and tie it together.
    As those kids say in the Vauxhall Zafira ad "New TV, new sofa and new wooden floor - someone's doing alright" - Good luck to you mate.
    Look forward to seeing the photos when job done.

8. the whistler

the whistler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    Hope you don't mind a new 7500 owner intruding - its basically the same telly bit with a digital tuner built in.

Had mine two weeks now and am very impressed. Its much better than the rubbish LCD I had previously - which was returned due to a fault.

Out of the box the brightness,contrast and colour settings were quite high so I tweaked them down a bit to a more acceptable level. I've just ordered a DV Essentials disc to get it set up properly.

As for the speakers, I was planning to leave them off and just use my AV amp and speakers, but decided to give them a try and much to my surprise the sound quality is pretty good, so I left them on!

Things I like......... The swivel stand
    Things I don't like ........ haven't found any yet!

9. tickahtnac

tickahtnac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    guy's

i had my 7200 for about 2 weeks now i got it as a replacement for 2 pioneer 436FDE's i was having terrible image lag problems even after running them in for over 600 hours..... but apart from that i must admit the picture quality was absolutely stunning..but they had to go constantly seeing logo's in the top left and right of the screen was driving me nuts.

so after reading the threads on this forum and read the reviews in HCC it seemed that the 7200 would be a good alternative..only needed to run it in for 2 days absolutely no image retention at all so all ok thso far....................but then the problem with the picture appeared apart from connecting my
    dvd player via component... i have connected my motorised satellite system and use a dreambox reciever connerted via QED squart to AV2 with RGB enabled and so this is hte problem the pictures in night time or dark and misty scene's are truly appalling there's as best i can descibe them on walls a "fizzing effect" and certain parts have a faint green and red tinge even ppls faces, over the last 2 weeks i've tried every setting imagineable and nothing will get rid of the problem and when i say it's bad gents i mean it's really bad i'm not exagerating.

i've been in contact with richer sounds where i bought the display from and the guy there has told me try tweaking the settings:rolleyes: and that i wont get as good a picture on a plasma as i had on my previous CRT.. this i know:rolleyes:

so in finalisation is there any body else using a multisat reciever and/or got any problem the same..............or is it going to be another trip back the shop for a 3rd time and try something else.............god after all i only want a screen the dont suffer from image lag and dont have picture faults.

regards: tikcahtnac

10. CFC1

CFC1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,231
    :mad: Cant believe it. 7200 was to have been delivered this afternoon, but just got a call from dealer to say it wont be here in Northern Ireland from English depot til Friday. And heres me bunking off work for the occasion. Mate, I'm gutted.:thumbsdow

11. rasp

rasp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    woohoo iam getting mine delivered tommorow:clap:
    i also bought a erard av stand ,it looks like the dogs danglies
    in the picture.and its got 12mm glass:eek:

12. CFC1

CFC1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,231
    Good on ya mate! I'm excited for you. Make sure you post some photos when you are up and running. I've got an Alphason stand sitting empty in the corner looking all forlorn. Can't wait til Friday now: I should really put it into perspective; It's only a couple of days.

13. bluecode03

bluecode03

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sky+ looks very good, and thats with a cheapy scart (got a new IXOS RGB only one coming this week). DVD thru component looks excellent, but only tried that for 5 mins :)

Hi folks
    This is a newbie point,but can you advise.
    Q-What is the difference between RGB IXOS connection and standard scart connection into AV?
    Q-What is the safest way to turn off my 7200.By standby power on the remote or complete swith off on the TV
    Apoligies for my ignorance in advance ;-)

14. rickyjohn

rickyjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Q1 - IXOS is just the make of the scart, other good makes are QED, THOR etc. Most good quality scarts are fully wired, meaning they transfer all signal types applicable to scart (composite, RGB, S-Video?, audio etc). RGB only (the one that I bought) means that it is a certain type of scart that is only wired to transfer the RGB signal - i.e. no audio. The reason being I have my audio going from my Sky box to my amp, therefore no need to send it to TV and the theory is that having an RGB only wired scart means none of the other signals interfere with the RGB one. Basically if you need to send the sound to your telly, then get a good quality fully wired one.
    Q2 - Not really sure. I just turn it onto standby mostly, then additionally sometimes the switch on the telly.

I've started a Hitachi 7200 Owners thread if you look, feel free to post your settings etc on there.

15. bluecode03

bluecode03

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Rickyjohn
    Does this mean that I can feed the signal from the sky+ box via RGB scart and if so will the picture be of a better quality, providing I have a seperate audio source.:lesson:

16. bluecode03

bluecode03

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi again
    Would the following[link] rgb provide me with a better picture AND sound OR do I need a seperate audio source to go down this road:lesson:

Cheers and thanks

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ixos-XH-v-601...704707082QQcategoryZ15067QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

17. dan77

dan77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Went in to Currys this morning and happy to say that they have matched the web price of the 7200 and I will join the ranks of proud 7200 owners from Thursday! :clap: :clap: :clap:

After all the hassle I've had with the 6600 I am hoping for a much better time, can't believe how many bad reviews I've read and all the problems I've had with it in the 3 months.

Thanks to everyone who has offered advice (I may have to repeat this post in a few threads! ;) )

18. CFC1

CFC1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,231
    :thumbsup: Good news Dan. You wont regret it! Post some pics when you get her set up.

19. dan77

dan77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    No worries, Thursday is the big day so will get some shots sorted ASAP!

I'll be spending the next few days finding out some settings for running in the new baby, can't wait! :D