1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hitachi 7200

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by john1509, Jun 20, 2005.

Tags:
  1. john1509

john1509
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys i know alot of people on here got this tv as i did but what i am stuck on is i have a panasonic dvd player which is surrposed to be progressive scan but i cant get it to work. is there a setting on the tv for this. and could someone tell me if the tv surports progressive scan as i cant find anything about it on the hitachi web site for this tv tx guys

2. matt_p

matt_p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Yes it does support prog scan. Feed it a signal and it will display it, there are no settings to adjust on the TV.

Make sure you are connected via component (or HDMI/DVI if your player has it), you can't get prog over scart.

3. john1509

john1509
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tx matt for the quick reply thats what i wanted to know the dvd i have is a pannasonic sc-ht520 it has a button on the front that says progressive rds is this progressive scan do you think

4. matt_p

matt_p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I've just realised that that's the same kit I've got in my bedroom! Just nipped to have a look...

You're connected by component, yes? Make sure your player is set to output component (you may need to connect by scart to enable this first). With the player stopped, hold down shift on the remote and press setup. Go to the video output setting and choose "Video/Y PB PR". That will enable component output.

Stick in a DVD and play, then press the "Progressive" button you mentioned to activate prog scan. Just for reference, it's not Progressive RDS, it's a shared button for progressive DVD and the RDS function of the FM radio. But that's not important...

That should fix you up!

5. john1509

john1509
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks matt for your reply, it didnt work sadly :( but, 1 thing on i am unable to get into the video output mode it has got a * at the side of it and when i try to open it it says the player can not do this at this time.
    On your dvd with no disk in if you press Display on your remote, then picture mode, then video output mode-
    Are you able to get into this menu matt? because i carnt and i think that is my problem

6. matt_p

matt_p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    No mate, you're not doing what I told you! :D

With the player stopped and empty, so you're on the blue "DVD" screen, aim the remote at the player and press and hold the "shift" key (bottom left on the remote). Whilst still holding this down, press the "setup" key (right hand side on remote, 4th from bottom- setup written in red)

This will allow you to enter the player set up mode. In here, set the video outputs to component as per previous post, and set your player to 16:9 widescreen if you haven't already.

7. john1509

john1509
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi matt i got it on my problem was the progresive scan must only work with certain DVDS because GLADIATOR did not enable the prog scan - but i tryed it with white cjicks and the screen goes black then to a picture. Thanks for your help
    p.s I did do what you say but i had gladiator in - but that setting which is on ^ previous post i cannot get to work just wundering if you can get into that settin m8. :) thanks

8. matt_p

matt_p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Yeah, that menu is blocked off on mine too. Either you are only supposed to access it from the setup menu, or (more likely) the basic firmware is shared amongst several players and different menus are enabled for different players. I have a Panasonic s97 and that menu is available...

Are you watching a PAL dvd? I'm not sure if the 520 supports PAL progressive... I should know, seeing as I've got one, but I don't! :D (mine's only connected by RGB scart)

Assuming you're watching a pal disc, I can only assume it doesn't support pal progressive. Try an NTSC disc and see how you get on. I'm guessing it will work fine.

9. matt_p

matt_p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Just looked up specs, and yes, it is NTSC-only progressive.

10. john1509

john1509
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi matt tx for your help m8 i need a code so it will play ntsc discs now dont surposed you have the code do you m8 tx

11. matt_p

matt_p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    You need to hire a remote from www.dvdchips.co.uk

They've got full details on their site, think it costs about £25

12. john1509

john1509
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi matt tx for the onfo m8 have u got your player chipped. and have you used dvdchips before tx m8

13. matt_p

matt_p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I haven't got that one chipped. Haven't used dvdchips, but others on these boards have. Haven't seen any bad news about them, but don't take my word for it! Ask on the DVD players board if anyone has had any bad experiences.

As I say, I can't comment about their reputation, they're just the only place I know of that can multi-region your player without having it sent away.

14. john1509

john1509
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi matt tx for your help m8 you seem to know your stuff thank you :smashin: