Hitachi 7200 or Pioneer 436FDE?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Dave A, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Dave A

Dave A

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, just when I thought I had decided to buy the Hitachi 42PD7200 from a local outlet for £2050, including wall mount, I take a trip to JL and talk to one of their sales guys. He shows me their 7200 which had approx 9 dead pixels! He said they had been having a lot of problems with them. He suggested going for the Pioneer 436FDE, which did look lovely. The doubt I have is I have seen both screens running in a different outlet. Both had been showing BBC News 24 for months, the 436FDE had screen burn and the 7200 had nothing.

I’m finding myself looking higher and higher up the price ranges and still have a doubt about all these screens as neither, as far as I can tell, can show a 1080p image without down scaling it, which is hardly future proof.

Perhaps I should just go for a basic SD LG screen and save the £1000+ for the next screen in a few years time

Help! :lease:

2. camorra

camorra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Very strange!!

Was it a 42PD7200 or a 32LD7200??

Normally problems on ALiS panels are represented by complete straight lines rather than singular dead pixels!! And both screens are rather new (the 7200 4 months older than the 436) so how they could have been displaying BBC for 24 months?? :confused:

Though, and you can ask here, 7200 problems are very low, especially where the panel is concerned. Perhaps the JL salesperson had some extra commission from Pio :eek:

But nothing takes off merits from the Pio436 which is an exceptional screen, along with Hitachi's 7200 and Panny's 500. All depends on your budget and likings. But, before committing yourself, demo, demo & demo...... :lesson:

Definitely the Hitachi is absolutely good value for money and gives all other a good run for their money!! Though some people prefer the Pio or Panny's PQ......I don't agree :nono:

Cheerz :hiya:

3. wonderloaf

wonderloaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Nice to see a report of a 7200 beating another manufacturer for screen burn, seeing as this is always being brought up aa an issue for Hitachi's.

4. Dave A

Dave A

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry it was the 42PD4200 and my 24 months was a slight overstatement :) . The screen burn was there though.

5. camorra

camorra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    The 42PD4200 has an LG panel :D

Cheerz :hiya: