1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 5300 and PC

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by DeadEye, Apr 11, 2005.

1. DeadEye

DeadEye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Has anyone got a PC connected to a 5300? I was under the imporession that having the media box version was the best route but the image quality is not that good for a PC.

I also understood that My plasma is 1024x786 but if you try running a pc through it at that res it's unreadable. The media box does not seem to match the pixels in with the pixels on the screen.

Any comments appreciated.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    res is IIRC 1024x1024 and it wont accept that as an input, try your manual fopr suport formats and the huge Hitachi thread for more info

3. gam

gam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +488
    may be wrong as havent seen one but presuming the media box is connected to the dvi socket on the screen and there is a vga socket beside this on the screen which you have connected the pc to?
    if so and the pic is really screwed up check vga (or other name, check manual, its rgb2 on 5100) is set to rgb rather than component in the setup menu then 1024x768 should work

4. DeadEye

DeadEye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Nah, the picture is fine at 800x600, the VGA socket is on the media box. I cant see under the Plasma 'cos its above the fireplace.

I am not sure that the Media box option was the right one. It doesn't seem to do multi screen either like the 5200 does and I could have either used the DVI socket on my PC or VGA socket directly to the screen.

Luckily I have a TV card and a DVB card in my PC so I can still surf the web while watching sky/other satellites.

5. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    The 5300 gives a good picture at 1024 x 768, but text will be small at that resolution. The problem is that we normally sit about 12 to 18" from our PC screens, but 8 feet from our TV's. You could either select large fonts and icons at 1024 x 768 or go down to 800 x 600.