1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 5200 via component

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by loadsofleads, Jun 13, 2004.

1. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have my Hitachi 4200 connected via component to my Pioneer 868, There seems to be green noise interference over black backgrounds (this is there even when there is no disc in the DVD player) I have connected the DVD to the screen with Scart RGB and Component simulteniously and by switching between both found the Scart connection to be superior (the aspect ratio seemed to differ by a few millimeters as well). It seems the inteference is seriously affecting the component picture, but what could be causing it :confused:
    I know that the Hitachi is an ALIS screen so I therefore wanted to switch between Progressive and interlaced and see which was best, I get no picture whotsoever with interlaced selected, why is this ?
    My component problem will be academic when I receive my HDMI-DVI cable from Supra next week, but I would still like to know if any of you learned sages have any thoughts ;)