Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

hitachi 5200, novice needs help!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by gitboy2006, Aug 18, 2005.

1. gitboy2006

gitboy2006

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i just like to say i think this is a wonderful site, with very generous people onboard. anyway!

i recently bought a hitachi42PD5200H on the recommendations on this site...very pleased with it.

my only problems are i'm getting bogged down with how best to connect all the peripherals and i'm hoping some kind soul can put me in the right direction.

kit:
    Hitachi42pd5200
    tosiba sd63hk (home cinema,dvd)
    Nlt digital box (ireland)
    playstation & x box
    minidisc.

my main problem is that i have 440w output from the tosiba that plays perfectly witha dvd but want to use those speakers while watching television aswell.

i no these are low tech questions...but they have me stuck and any help would be much appreciated

2. Max Payne

Max Payne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Hi Gitboy - sorry can't help re: your connections, but would you mind letting me know where you both the 5200H from and how much did you pay?

Cheers

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Well, the TV has stereo analogue out doesn't it? So if you have stereo analogue in on the tosh, that will give you sound from whatever is on TV, if it's connected to the TV as well, ie all 3 leads from the PS2, scart from NTL etc.

4. gitboy2006

gitboy2006

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    maw thanks alot i kinda figured that, ill have to do more fiddling with it, itas just gettin costly buying all there 5m cables but hopefully worth it in the end

hitache42pd5200h - 2000 euro
    tosiba home cinema - 180 euro

knew som1 in the trade and couldn't pass it up.

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Seems reasonable. I guess you won't have enough inputs on the tosh to put the stuff in separately?

6. gitboy2006

gitboy2006

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    maw probably a stupid question but is it possible to run the ntl through the toshiba,

7. lafemme

lafemme
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought the Hitachi 42" 4200 and I am delighted with it but am having problems with my peripherals (I've created my own post about my problems) I can't use my Philips dvd player speakers in 'tv' mode on the dvd/amp whereas I could when I had my Panasonic CRT tv so I understand your frustration..if the plasma tv has 3 scarts like old tv there'd be no problem!