Hitachi 50hz or 100hz lcd from argos

44fox44

Standard Member
Hi

Im looking for a 42" telly and saw a 42" Hitachi for 399 at Argos Buy Hitachi 42 Inch Full HD 1080p Digital LCD TV - 4 Series. at Argos.co.uk

Based on a 104 reviews the lowest average rating for any catergory is 4.5/5. The 100hz version of that telly is only £30 more but only have 10 reviews and a couple very negative comments.
Buy Hitachi 42 Inch 100Hz Full HD Digital LCD TV - 5 Series. at Argos.co.uk

So should I just play it safe and get the 50hz one a lot of people are happy with or go for the 100hz one. Btw, the new telly is for a big bedroom and for the time being it will only be connected to a v+ box and later to a blue ray player.

buntv

Standard Member
I bought this tv....for HD(via freeview HD) it is very good,but for SD (freeview) I would say it is equal in quality to an old VHS videotape and that is with the supposed upscaling technology from my Humax HD-FOX T2 freeview HD box.

If you have SKY HD I think this tv would be a good buy, but if you are going to use it for non HD viewing then I wouldn't bother.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom