1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 46F510 & regular tv = bad !!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by cjob68, Dec 24, 2004.

1. cjob68

cjob68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Just got the Hitachi 46F510 and so far I really like it. However , digital satellite ( not HDTV ) on it doesn't look very good. It looked alot better on my 32" Toshiba tube CRT tv but I guess that's because it was smaller and was meant for that type of signal. Any suggestions on how to improve this ? I'm already using svideo out to the tv ( the satellite only has svideo) .

Would there be much difference between the Hitachi 46F510 and a Toshiba 46H84C ? I can get the Toshiba for $300 less.

Thanks
    Jason

2. fastlane247

fastlane247

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there i have the same tv and with satilight connected via component it looks pritty good. it is a bit blurry hd tv looks AWSOME and dvds look AWESOME but regular chanels are only good. rptvs are all like this. if i were you i would keep the hitachi it is a really nice tv... good options and awesome pictures quality. if you have any other questions email me or reply to this forum and i can try and answer any questions about this tv.

3. cjob68

cjob68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you adjusted anything in the service menu ?

What do you have your settings at ( contrast , brightness etc ...) ?

Is it better to watch in 1080i or 540p ?

4. fastlane247

fastlane247

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have gone through all the menus on this tv. the 1080i and 540p do not look different at all to me. i just keep it on the 540p because i hear progressive is better then interlaced.

My contrast is set 50% or less and brightness is at 50%. i never put contrast higher then that due to the burn-in issues and wear on the crts. This tv still has a very bright picture even with everything very low. i have put my contrast to 0% and it still looked brighter then the sony i had before with contrast at 55%. anything else you want to know about this tv let me know.