Question Hitachi 43" plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by kindwarf, Jul 13, 2017.

1. kindwarf

kindwarf
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys I am new to this forum, and I dont know if I am at the forum I have an Hitachi 42pd6600 an old model I know but recently the picture is breaking down runs ok for a while then picture flashes on and off, sound ok and the when the picture goes there is a faint glow on the screen, when you switch it off and on again the picture comes back maybe for 5 minutes or maybe hours. Does any one have any Idea what the problem may be is there a cap breaking down and what board may be at fault dont think its X or Y sus or power supply, picture great when it comes back. Any help appreciated.

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,589
    That old model doesn't have a digital tuner so you're watching Tv via a set top box of some kind (Freeview/Freesat/VM Cable or Sky?) so before suspecting a fault in the Tv have you tried a replacement lead (scart or HDMI) between the box and Tv?
    An intermittent connection in the lead can cause no picture with the sound unaffected so you need to rule that out first.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  3. kindwarf

kindwarf
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply, I have a tivo box from Virgin media, I dont think its the HDMI lead as the first thing I did was check the connection between the two. It hasn't been flickering for a few days but its done that before so I will have to see what happens.
    Regards
    Tony

4. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,589
    Checking an HDMI lead's fully inserted at both ends is no good as it may well have an intermittent internal break.
    You need to rule it out completely by trying a different one.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017