Hitachi 43" - comments from owners?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by pdgnews, Sep 4, 2001.

1. pdgnews

pdgnews

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm in the market for a large screen TV and was thinking of either a 40" Toshiba WH08 or the 43" Hitachi. Reviews of both are great, but there seem to be lots of problems mentioned on this forum about the Tosh. So what do you Hitachi owners think of this monster TV? From what I've read, convergence the automatic convergence is as simple as it gets and does the job well.

As I've already got a seperates system, I'm not really bothered by the audio side of this TV set - just the picture. When I connect up the soon to be released Final Fantasy DVD to this set via an RGB SCART, will I be blown away?

Cheers

2. Ferre

Ferre

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my Hitachi CL43WP910TAN 4 months ago and am very happy with my choice.I was between this one and a Toch 45.The Hitachi is tall so you can watch even if you are standing up and you can view clearly at any angle.The progressive scan makes a lot of difference on pictures with motion like when your watching football or the moving stock market prices in some channels.The picture is very very good but on the sound as in every package of projectors you will need a Subwoofer (active)for much much better sound.You have also the option of turning on and off the Amplifier of each speaker set (frond -center-rear-sub)The Hitachi has Dolby D and DTS sound system.There is no picture in picture but you can have picture and teletext page on screen at the same time.(No need thought).One of the good things is the auto convergence witch they call magic fogus and its doing a very good job and very easy.If you access the service menu you can make a few changes such as moving the text on the screen left or right and the picture up or down changing the picture Parabola or the corners of the picture and so on.

3. pdgnews

pdgnews

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. It sounds like this is the TV I should go for. Empire Direct are selling these for less than £1600 at the moment - I wonder if John Lewis will price match....?

Is the screen reflective? What's the viewing like during the day?<br />Cheers.

4. sraper

sraper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +250

5. Ferre

Ferre

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The screen is apsolutly no reflective. You can view clearly even if direct sun hits the screen.

6. Ferre

Ferre

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To get to the service menu <br />- enter the set-up menu (hold menu for 5 secs) then goto the TV and press and hold the up and down volume buttons until you get the service menu.

<br />ATTENSION:NOTE DOWN YOU CURRENT TV VALUES AND THEN START CHANGING ANYTHING ... STAY AWAY FROM THE E2 MODE

<br />You can visit :

<a href="http://pub32.ezboard.com/bhitachisyndicateforums" target="_blank">http://pub32.ezboard.com/bhitachisyndicateforums</a>

AND

<a href="http://www.theironduke.plus.com/HitachiSyndicate/" target="_blank">http://www.theironduke.plus.com/HitachiSyndicate/</a>

FOR MORE INFO ON HITACHI

<br />Ferre

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had tv a week love the set so far. <br />I only seem to have one niggle... on a dark background like space scene. if a large bright object[ like a planet] is on screen i get like a halo effect or sometimes a flaring arc running from about bottom middle towards outside top edges of screen, this is not as bad as it sounds but is quite noticeable.<br />Is this perhaps because set needs running in ,its fine otherwise.

I have not owned a rear pro before so advise appreciated.

Thanks

8. pdgnews

pdgnews

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I went to John Lewis this morning and they had the Hitachi TV on display - slightly out of alignment. I pressed the magifocus button, watched it go through the alignment process and was most impressed by the resulting image - although I did notice a trace of ghosting. It's a pity it was showing a below average analogue picture - they should stick a DVD on these things to demo. Alas, there was such a massive queue for service, I couldn't be bothered waiting around to see if they would price match Empire Direct - I'll phone them later to see if they're willing to knock 50% of thier in store price.

While I was there I caught a glimpse of the Sony 50" Grand Wega. In a word, stunning. Unfortunately, I don't have 5 grand to spare.

Cheerio.