Hitachi 42pma400e

G

gnome

HITACHI 42PMA400E, WOW! JUST HAD DEMO AT @ 'NEXNIX'
THIS DISPLAY IS AS GOOD AS THE PIO MXE AND A FRACTION OF THE COST @£3230, WOULD HAVE PURCHASED TODAY BUT FOR THE NOISE OF THE FAN!
POSSIBLE FIX IN THE PIPELINE FROM HITACHI NEXT WEEK.

Aaahhh.. just saw a demo of one myself.. my eyes preferred the pic alongside the Pioneer and the Panny..

If you hear anything more about the fan noise fix from hitachi.. I'd be grateful if you could tell me/us about it..! - I went in the store to look at getting the Pioneer.. then I saw the Hitachi!

I have a buzz on a Hitachi 32PD3000 which increases with the "whiteness" of the display. I'd be very interested in hearing Hitachi's view of whether this is a fault or a feature!

Cheers, Peter

it is a "feature" of most plasmas. The manufacturers keep saying this is unavoidable...

laughable...

Jimmy Mc. Could I ask you where you were able to view the Pio/Panny/Hitachi models side by side as I'm not a million miles away from you (Maidstone), and have had great difficulty in tracking down a supplier locally with any more than one of them at a time, let alone all three!

Hi Jonathan..

Yup, I saw them in the Sevenoaks branch of Sevenoaks Hi-Fi (Sevenoaks Hi-Fi )

They have a range of about 6 or 7 on display next to each other.. the Pioneer and the Panny are mounted a bit too hight up for my liking though.. and I had to ask them to turn the lights off directly above them as I could only see reflections!

The Hitachi I had a better look at in the Bromley branch as they had it setup in their dedicated listening room..

Good luck.. I hope you have an easier time deciding then me! I'm going to phone a few places in London this-morning and see if I can find the Pioneer MXE on display..

Cheers, JimmyMc

Hi Jonathan..

Yup, I saw them in the Sevenoaks branch of Sevenoaks Hi-Fi (Sevenoaks Hi-Fi )

They have a range of about 6 or 7 on display next to each other.. the Pioneer and the Panny are mounted a bit too hight up for my liking though.. and I had to ask them to turn the lights off directly above them as I could only see reflections!

The Hitachi I had a better look at in the Bromley branch as they had it setup in their dedicated listening room..

Good luck.. I hope you have an easier time deciding then me! I'm going to phone a few places in London this-morning and see if I can find the Pioneer MXE on display..

Cheers, JimmyMc

Hi JimmyMc.

Thanks for the reply, I will endeavour to get over to 7oaks. I just got back from Newcastle and had a good look at the Panny & Pioneer. I have started a separate post on my findings if you are interested. I have not been able to view a Hitachi yet, so cannot comment but after your post am going to make sure I have a good look before committing myself!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom