1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42PMA400E Problem with Connection...?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by JD_303, Apr 18, 2004.

1. JD_303

JD_303

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all, first post , first plasma.
    I recently bought a Hitachi 42PMA400E from Richer Sounds and after much haggling and pacing scored it for £2000. I think good buy yes?
    Havent heard much of the so called fan noise yet, must be because I havent been able to get it going correctly.
    Im trying to run into one of the RGB PC inputs directly from my PC, but each time it seems to connect it comes with a message on the screen 'out of frequency' then shuts down as a power save.
    Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong? Is there anything I need to set up on the screen itslef? Or is it a PC issue? In any case, what do I do to get a picture...
    many thanks in advance for assistance.

JD

2. ziocleto

ziocleto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've a HCPC connected with the PMA400E no problems at all.
    Before feeding the plasma with your VGA input make sure you'll PC is running a suitable resolution and frequency.
    You can find them in the manual. If I recall correctly Im using a 1024x768x60Hz.

HTH
    Dave.

3. fuzzybee

fuzzybee
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    When you refer to a RGB pc input do you mean the 15 pin vga connection ?? this is what i connect my laptop to on my Hitachi PD3000 with no problems.
    I do however have to press F4 on my laptop to get the VGA output on the back to send a signal to my plasma.
    It sounds like a pc issue to me as i have not had to configure my plasma to accept a pc signal via it's vga input(although settings are available to tweak the panels vga picture.
    I'm certainly no pc/plasma expert but maybe your graphics card is displaying a non compatable resolution ??
    My laptop is always set to 1024-768 60hz if that helps, sorry i cannot be of more assistance but it's likely to be a simple task to rectify your problem :zonked:

4. JD_303

JD_303

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dunno, Ive tried two different pcs and Im still getting the same ' OUT OF FREQUENCY' im running my pcs at 1024x768 and on 60 for refresh.
    Does anyone think there may be a problem with the screen...?

5. forrestgump

forrestgump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    if you phone the hitachi technical dept. which I have done loads of time's with my pm 400e ( for connection advice!) they should be able to help, they were most useful for me, there may be an answer phone on but keep trying, 01628 643349, don't bother trying RS, nuff said

6. JD_303

JD_303

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    spoke to hitach , thanks v much.
    they said thats not right, return to the store and get a replacement from RS.
    Ill do this tomorrow.
    cheers.

7. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    I'm keeping a tally of returned Hitachis, the numbers are pretty frightening.

8. forrestgump

forrestgump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    MAW, hitachi are no different from any other giant, I was told by their european sales manager that they are number 1 in sales volume in the uk for plasmas and I believe him, after all the pm 400e was only £2500!!!, more items sold, law of averages says more problems, this forum is not a true reflection of the market place, surely you can see that as a retailer!

9. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    As a retailer I see more than just the forum.

10. JD_303

JD_303

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    which in your opinion is the problem models?
    The engineer is coming today, ill post the result after his visit.

11. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    There are no particular ones, I do agree that the most popular models will show in a bad light, ie PD3000 looks bad, but in reality it's probably not worse than any other Hitachi. I just find them too dodgy to supply. I'd be bankrupted if this kind of proportion of folks who ask me for Hitachi wanted their money back, which they'd be quite entitled to.