1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42PMA400E or samsung

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by paulefox, Nov 16, 2003.

1. paulefox

paulefox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I am thinking of buying the above from Richer sounds who have it for £2500 with no tuner box , but then someone told me that the new samsung was good machine and I can get it for £3000 with a five year guarantee from John Lewis
    what do you think

2. MR2Harvey

MR2Harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Well I'm getting a 400E from Richer Sounds on Tuesday and purchasing the 3 Year Warrenty for £199. There is debate on the ALiS screens (Hitachi/Fujitsu) but I like them, if you don't go for the Hitachi then I'd suggest the Panasonic for that money. I too have been very tempted to buy from John Lewis because of the 5 year warrenty. I don't want to spend £'000's and only get a one year warrenty, however explore extened warrenties they don't have to cost £800 - £1000 that I see on some sites.

Harvey

3. ASH1

ASH1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Hi paulefox, I bought the Hitachi 400e from Richer Sounds about three to four week ago and I'm very happy with it. :D I personally preferred it to the Samsung but it's your choice.
    If they still have the offer on Richer sounds will give you a freeview box for £20 when buying a plasma, and as already posted a three year warranty for only £199. Happy shopping :smashin:
    ASH1