Hitachi 42PMA400E Native Resolution

chavo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have aquired the above Plasma monitor for free!! yipee! i have it plugged in to a media center and all is working well. The media center has a Geforce 7800GTX in it so getting the picture over is no problem. it is plugged in via the VGA slot.

The problem is when i download prison break and dexter the resolution is off and the top and bottom are cut out (black bars) now i know from my other TV that when i set the default Res it worked with no bars.

Does anyone know what Res this will play movies at without these black bars?

It has a native res of 1024 (H) x 1024 (V) pixels but states it will handle 1280x768 in WXGA. So basically not ideal as a computer monitor.

I spotted the 1024x1024 but it simply doesnt, that would make it a square! i tried it and it was infact a square.

Also considering that it has no tuner and is bacically a monitor then i am lost!!

anyone?

Thanks very much guys, it seems to work nice on wxga mode. interesting read that thought. Thanks

I have one of these for my second TV, had it 5 years and very pleased with it. As stated 1024 x 1024 is correct, it just does not have square pixels making the wide 16:9 format. Plus of course it's an ALiS screen which is kind of interlaced.

I've got the 42PD5200 with the same 1024 x 1024 res. I find Geforce 6600 putting out 1368 (1366 doesn't work) x 768 at 60 or 75Hz works well over VGA D-sub for general PC stuff and video files.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom