• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hitachi 42PMA400E Native Resolution

chavo

Established Member
Hi all,

I have aquired the above Plasma monitor for free!! yipee! i have it plugged in to a media center and all is working well. The media center has a Geforce 7800GTX in it so getting the picture over is no problem. it is plugged in via the VGA slot.

The problem is when i download prison break and dexter the resolution is off and the top and bottom are cut out (black bars) now i know from my other TV that when i set the default Res it worked with no bars.

Does anyone know what Res this will play movies at without these black bars?

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
It has a native res of 1024 (H) x 1024 (V) pixels but states it will handle 1280x768 in WXGA. So basically not ideal as a computer monitor.

chavo

Established Member
I spotted the 1024x1024 but it simply doesnt, that would make it a square! i tried it and it was infact a square.

Also considering that it has no tuner and is bacically a monitor then i am lost!!

anyone?

chavo

Established Member
Thanks very much guys, it seems to work nice on wxga mode. interesting read that thought. Thanks

MR2Harvey

Established Member
I have one of these for my second TV, had it 5 years and very pleased with it. As stated 1024 x 1024 is correct, it just does not have square pixels making the wide 16:9 format. Plus of course it's an ALiS screen which is kind of interlaced.

Cablechap

Established Member
I've got the 42PD5200 with the same 1024 x 1024 res. I find Geforce 6600 putting out 1368 (1366 doesn't work) x 768 at 60 or 75Hz works well over VGA D-sub for general PC stuff and video files.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom