1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42PMA400E Fan Noise

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by jmcarter, Aug 20, 2003.

1. jmcarter

jmcarter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased one of these plasmas, and am finding the fan noise a little distracting. I have plasterboard walls and laminate flooring which isn't helping i guess. Would it be possible to put some kind of sound dampening material behind the plasma, and if so, does anyone have any recommendations?

2. Darren Blake

Darren Blake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Nexnix adviocate putting a thick towel behind the screen. I have some loose weave matting shoved in there at the moment but I can't decide whether it helps or not. To be honest I'm getting used to the noise now.

I e-mailed a load of manufacturers of acoustic materials and the only repiesy I got back were from Soundreduction.co.uk whi suggested their Coustifoam product, and CustomAudioDesigns.co.uk who suggested their "black FR acoustic foam".

However, if you do a search you will find a thread by me in here on an upcoming official Hitachi fan modification that should reduce the noise levels for this screen.

3. jmcarter

jmcarter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Darren, I had come across your thread before - any ideas when the mod will be available?

4. Darren Blake

Darren Blake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    No idea at all I'm afraid. I'm out of the country for a week. When I come back I'll chase them up about it. They did imply that if they approved the change it would be very soon.