1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42PMA400E - Anyone got one ??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Darbyweb, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Darbyweb

Darbyweb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My first post here...

Is anyone using a Hitachi 42PMA400E - I believe the Hitachi's are well rated, i'm just concerned about the noise as it has fans built in...

I'm also thinking than inbuilt fans will be good as i plan on recessing it (with suitable ventilation) into my 'faux' chimney breast.

Thanks

Dean.

2. mambasna

mambasna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    had one for a few days, couldn't live with the fan noise, exchanged it for the panny 42pw5, dead silent 'cos fanless, the shop also allowed a back to back compare in my home and i found the picture better too, also looks sexier with the slimmer bezzel surround and support

3. Darbyweb

Darbyweb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - thats the kind of answer i was looking for :)

Dean.

4. datanet

datanet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got one, happy with it and got used to fan noise...I've got a mod planned soon to reduce.
    There's a thread on here about a comparison against Pioneer/ Panny where the general view seemed to be the Hitachi was better for DVD than the others- but showed up Sky problems a bit much.
    I use it a lot for PC use and in this area the superiority of the Hitachi is clear (due to its high res)...followed by Pioneer.
    If it's the fan noise that annoys you, look at the 3000 TV model which has moved the fans out of the media unit and seems to be quiter.
    Otherwise it really down to opinion...