1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hitachi 42pma400e and sky digital????

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by dougall, Aug 14, 2003.

1. dougall

dougall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This sounds like a really daft question but I have just bought a Hitachi 42pma400e and have connected the dvd player via s-video but can't connect my sky digital or my video player. I have bought one of those leads that has a scart on one end and composite on the other just to get me going. The composite end has 6 leads coming off it but i have only used the "video in" lead and put that straight into the plasma...but the screen stays black...i have also tried the video like this and still nothing...is there a setting to adjust?...can anyone help me as I am pretty inexperienced in all this.

Thanks

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Hi Harry,

Unfortunately it is a design fault of the Hitachi (and also Panasonics) that you can't connect composite video (yellow connector) with an S-video connection at the same time. You may have to get an RGB Scart to component video converter available from www.js-technology.com for your Sky Digital. This would give you a much better picture quality than from composite video. Hope this helps.

Steve

3. dougall

dougall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steve

Thanks for the advice. I just unplugged the s-video lead from the dvd player and it worked !!!!:laugh: Much appreciated. I went on to www.js-technology.com and will probably have to get one of them convertors....if i put the sky through the convertor can i put the dvd player through the sky so it uses the component aswell instead of s-video as i assume it is better?

Thanks again for the advice

4. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Hi Harry,

Assuming your DVD player has RGB loop through, yes you could run the digibox through the player. Yes, RGB is better than S-video.

Steve

5. dougall

dougall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent

Will take the advice on board.