1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42PMA400 - D-Sub connectors....HELP !!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by The Editor, Jun 12, 2003.

1. The Editor

The Editor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've just ordered myself a 42PMA400 and am busy wearing the carpet out walking back and forth waiting for the delivery man !!

While I'm waiting I wonder if someone can give me the answer to a couple of questions??.... Quite a few dealers couldn't with the first and nor could Hitachi (Which seems odd!!)

1) Can either/both of the Mini D-Sub connectors be configured to accept component in? (i.e straight from the component o/p from a DVD player)

2) I've ordered a JS Scart to Component converter (I've got other units I want to pump through to component via a Trilogy scart switcher or similar) - So....... Can I just output the three phono leads to the component inputs on the plasma or will I also need a composite breakout lead for sync ??

Thanks in advance guys

Now where IS that delivery chappie ?????????????

2. briandzo

briandzo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dont know about hitachi's
    but i dont feed a separate sync signal to my pioneer (although the bnc's are there H + V)
    Just 3 YUV cables. i would imagine in most cases the sync is added & detected on the Y signal

3. The Editor

The Editor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply,

I think you're right in that the sync is embedded in a component signal (hence JS boxes splitting the sync, cleaning it up and outputting again)

Now if anyone knows the answer to the D-Sub question I'll have a full house !!

Where the hell is that delivery man ??

4. dvdphile

dvdphile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    Where are you getting the Hitachi from? I saw one today in Richer sounds and it looked nice for 2.5k!
    They do a 3year warranty for £200 which is very good too!

Gary

5. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    The Editor

I think you'll find one of the D-Subs is a 9 Pin RS232 control port - lets you use a PC or a Control system (Crestron/ AMX) to control the display rather than an IR controller.

I dont believe the 15 Pin D-Sub on this model can accept a YUV component signal - I think its only Pioneer MXE's that enable that little trick.

There are five BNC connectors on RGB input 02 - three of which can be used for a three cable YUV component video signal.

Best regards

Joe

6. Nessy

Nessy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    whoops.....

Wrong button :blush:

7. john kelly

john kelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the two d-sub connectors on the hitachi are rgb enabled so they will accept this.

does anyone have or know where there is a pin out listing for the d-sub connector?

:nono:

8. The Editor

The Editor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies guys........

I got the Hitachi from Nexnix - Superb customer service and people that actually understand what they're selling.

I saw the 42PMA400 in Richer Sounds for £2.5k but try actually getting hold of one !!!... It's always "Oh, we should get some more in tomorrow" or "Oh, you can order direct and we'll deliver one from the warehouse but we're not showing any in stock at the moment"
    Also if there was a problem I have more confidence in Nexnix aftersales than I do R/S !!

With regards to the D-Sub connections, if you go to Hitachi's website you can down load the Service/Instruction Manual and in there it gives D-Sub pin connections !!

Hope this helps ??

The Editor.

9. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    The Editor & John Kelly

Apologies to you both - I grabbed the wrong book of words earlier; must stop trying to do ten things at once.

As per Johns post with the video board installed it looks like you can switch RGB1 and RGB2 to Component.

Best regards

Joe

10. The Editor

The Editor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Joe,

Just out of interest - how much is a video board? Also can it be easily installed after the event? i.e once I've got my pride and joy on the wall or does it mean taking it off the wall bracket again?

I'm assuming the dedicated component input is via three phonos (or is it three BNC's) ?

Thanks