1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42PMA400 connections

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by BigCol, Aug 21, 2003.

1. BigCol

BigCol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Chaps (and chapesses...!)

I have finally taken the plunge and have the above 42" plasma en route!

:clap:

I need your opinions please as to the best manner (in terms of quality) and what bits of wet string, converters etc I need to hook it up to my other boxes which are:
    Pace Sky+ decoder (has S-video, 1x RGB out SCART, 1x RGB in SCART)
    Toshiba SD220EB DVD (S-video, SCART, Y/PB/PR component)
    Toshiba V711UK video (2x RGB in/out SCART, 1x RGB in SCART)

The former is used is the main source - for say 85% of the time - the latter two 10% and 5% respectively.

I also have a Denon AVR-3802 amp (with various in/outs! which can be utilised?) and speakers/other hi-fi that I guess aren't relevant!

The screen will a cable run of ~2.5m from the boxes.

As I understand it, component is preferrable to S-video and the 2x 15 way D-sub connectors can be used as component inputs (with suitable converters/cabling - but what...?)

Any feedback/advice/shopping list would be much appreciated!

Having spanked nearly £3K on the screen/stand etc, I'm OK with another hundred or two for the setup to run optimally.

TIA!

2. manc

manc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use the component for my dvd player and svideo for sky+. I experimented with component on the sky box via a JS converter but saw little improvment.

My dvd player unfortunatelly does not convert its scart bus to component so i can only use the 1 component device.

The D-sub cannot be used for any video sources due to frequency limitations as far as I know, fine for pc vga tho :)

3. BigCol

BigCol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So (if I understand right), I'd simply plug an S-video lead from the Sky+ box straight to the monitor and 3x component lead from the DVD to the monitor.

What about the video? Simply use a SCART lead from it to the Sky+ box? From whence its signal gets fedthrough the S-video link...?

Sounds both easy and inexpensive... nice!

;)