Hitachi 42PD9R10, Samsung PS42P7HDX or pioneer Pioneer PDP436RXE ?

pezley

got a choice out of the 3

all would be a straight swap for my faulty panel so now need to make my mind up

like the look of the pioneer, problem with it is they make lots of panels that all look the same so im not sure which is best and it does not support VGA, which unfortunately is a huge drawback for me. But if it is miles better than the others i would make the sacrifice.

Any suggestions

HITACHI-42PD9R10

SAMSUNG-PS42P7HD

PIONEER-PDP436RXE

CFC1

Presumably this is with Richer Sounds? Yes it is... just looked at link..sorry!... I don't know too much about the Samsung, but the Hitachi is a foreign imported version of the 9700, which is a fine TV.. and the Pioneer is now out of production and has been replaced by the 427 series.

If it were me, I would take the Hitachi. Is the Panasonic 42PX60 not on offer? If it is, it would definitely merit consideration. :thumbsup:

wonderloaf

Novice Member
Just hope that the Hitachi doesn't have the power problems that myself and a few others have suffered on our 42pd7200's, just search on this forum for the posts. Or maybe Hitachi have sorted the problem...

Personally I wouldn't touch a Hitachi with a barge pole now, which is a shame as their plasma's seem to represent good VFM.

J

joseyjo28

Hi Pezley

Did you buy the Samsung in the end? If you did, did you have any problems with the contrast flickering from dark to light at any point?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom