• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hitachi 42PD9700 And Sky+

Vinny74

Established Member
Wall mounted my 42PD9700 with a Vogels EFW6305 wall bracket.
Because of bad deisgn on the part of Vogel, one of the main supports at the back runs right across the bottom half of the connections area.
This means that the only SCART input I can access for Sky+ is AV1.
When I go into 'picture settings' on the Sky+ box and switch between RGB and PAL I see absolutely no difference in picture (and to be honest the picture is not very good).
Is this because I have the scart lead plugged into the wrong place (AV1)?

BTW there was a huge difference in picture quality when I did this on my old 42PD300 plasma!!!

Vinny74

Established Member
Just noticed on the first page of the 'Owners thread' that AV1 does not accept RGB.

Does anyone know of any make of scart lead with a 'head' small enough to fit confined spaces, or maybe with a 90 degree bend instead of the standard 30 degree angle?

My wife won't stop complaining about the fact that the Sky picture was better on our old TV and it's driving me mad!!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom