• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hitachi 42PD7800TA

mythosofsmythos

Standard Member
Hey, my old plasma's HD connection just stopped working. I'd been running my PS3 and SkyHD box successfully for 6 months or so (prior to that, my PS3 only for several years). I would just manually change input on the single HDMI port on the TV to switch between PS3 and SkyHD. Then I bought a splitter so I could easily flip between the two sources. It worked for a month or so, but one day I lost all HDMI altogether.

I've tested both the PS3 and Sky HD separately without the splitter and neither worked. Since, both HD sources aren't working, I concluded it's probably the TV. I phoned Sky anyway, and they couldn't do anything. The TV is 6 years old, bought in Singapore, so no chance of any customer support there.

Is there an easy fix I'm missing? Is the TV a write off? Any thoughts appreciated.

:lease:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom