1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42PD7200 What Vid Review - Confused

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Mr Eddy, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Mr Eddy

Mr Eddy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The June edition of What Video and Widescreen TV reviews the 42PD7200.

They obviously love the screen and give it 5 stars for picture quality. It also includes good details and pics of conections.

Bit confused though, despite 2 pages of text and pics little is said of actual performance and none on SD pics from a standard DVD player. I like many others would like details on SD pictures since that is what will be most use. I am sure that HD feeds do look good but what of now.

Anyway despite 5 star pics and praise they do question the screens ability with dark blacks and admit to some colour banding. Despite this they still rate this as the best screen about in that price range by some way.

Anyone want to comment on SD DVD on the screen?

2. jrl

jrl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    just got a 7200 a few days ago cant comment on HD but general pq is the best i have seen and no problem at all with contrast or colour banding ,i looked at all the other makes ,this is for me the best set

3. jrl

jrl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    forgot , sd dvds are wonderful

4. totalmadness

totalmadness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jrl, good to hear you've already for the 7200. My 5200 has just been taken back as faulty, but to be honest, im relieved. My experience with the 5200 wasn't exactly great. It suffered from colour banding noise in moving pics, jagged edges esp the Sky News log, and all sorts of other stuff. Just tested the Panasonic PE30 using the inbuilt DVB tuner and the picture is fantastic. Just wanted to know if you saw the PQ on the 5200 and if you think that is better on the 7200? Does it suffer from any of the above artefacts?

5. jrl

jrl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    only saw 5200 in comet/currys ect ,so didnt compare 7200 in the same way[bought without seeing the 7200] but from use in the home i would say i think the 7200 looks much better, if its any help ive just sent back a toshiba 46wm48 dlp set because the picture was awful! the 7200 is far far better, but its the only plasma ive had so cant really say much more [think its better than a pioneer 43xde i saw in seven oaks viewing room]