Hitachi 42PD7200 what do you think?

Oh yeah, and you are right about the inputs on the back, but it gives us a chance to use that gorgeous swivel button on the remote control to reach them easier :cool:

syntax error said:
Oh yeah, and you are right about the inputs on the back, but it gives us a chance to use that gorgeous swivel button on the remote control to reach them easier :cool:

The swivel action is just majestic!

syntax error said:
Yeah, the DVD is freakin awesome, I am stunned with it. It looks so good I can hardly concentrate on thw actual films, Im too busy looking at the colours! :clap:

I dont have it hooked to Sky, I flatshare and have this in my room, the Sky is in the living room. Prob wont have it hooked to sky until they start broadcasting in HDTV. Is it quite bad? Really grainy?

Whats up with the speakers? I dont hav them fitted either, space issues.

Do you have consoles hooked to yours? X box looks so nice. I cant wait to see what it will be like through prog scan!

Got any pics yet? :cool:

Later on today my good man. :)

I hooked my old Tosh DVD with Component output (S-Video on the menu) and that was astounding! I was testing the Incredibles and the picture was incredible, can't wait for my Denon now.

I've got the Sky+, XBox, PS2, GameCube and DVD hooked into a Joytech AV Centre, which is superb. PS2 looks good - tested Tekken 5, which looked amazing on an 8ft PJ image and is equal to the task so on my Plasma.

The previous poster is correct about the odd design with the connections in the middle. I bought a Thor Scart Lead and couldn't get it to fit since it's not like a regular scart, there's no real give to it so I used that for the Sky+ connection to the AV Centre and will pick up a QED one at some point in the week.

But as for the Sky+ image, some channels are better than others to be honest mate. I think that's the case in general though.

When in RS (who were very helpful and will use again), the chap there told me about a calibration DVD you can get off the 'net, which costs about $60 but said it's well, well worth it - anyone know anything about that?

Ah yes, the speakers. They *look* easy to slot into place, it's just that they don't fall in correctly, so it's really a matter of trial and error, but after the best part of half-hour getting em' rigged, I was surprised the quality nature of them.

Ah, the old Joytech AV centre, thats what I use too :smashin:

Are you planning on using the high def pack for your x box? Do you know how to get your pal x box outputting prog scan? If you are interested in knowing how to get it done I will tell you. Im not sure on the rules of this board, so if you think it might be against them PM me and I will tell you in there. Its nothing dodgy, its just microsoft dont like people changing the spec of their machines :rolleyes:

Well, we can forgive the sky plus image for now, you will only have to put up with that for a while until every picture you receive will be HD!

Heard of these dics. Is it a DVE? Anyway, I am very interested in getting this done too. LEt me know if you have any luck researching that one. But yeah, RS are really good I reckon, unrivalled on the high street for sure.

syntax error
Do you have consoles hooked to yours? X box looks so nice. I cant wait to see what it will be like through prog scan!

Got any pics yet?

My brother came round yesterday to see my 7200 ,is jaw hit the floor as he walked through the door and saw it playing Van Helsing.But what impressed him most was when i conected my xbox up through the hi def kit :cool: he is ordering one as soon has he has the ££££££££ :clap: :clap:
David.................

The Sky + image is gonna be poor until Sky bring the HDMI-compatible boxes out, so will most likely wait till then, but I'll still pick up a decent QED cable though, just to ensure I'm getting the best out of my equipment.

I will be getting the Hi-Def XBox pack at some point; got 2 XBoxes, 1 is "special" the other isn't.

The DVE disc can be bought from dvdinternational.com for about £15 each, which isn't bad. Worth investing in I reckon.

Bleeders
I will be getting the Hi-Def XBox pack at some point; got 2 XBoxes, 1 is "special" the other isn't.

Hi Bleeders,get the high def pack as soon as !!!!! :eek: you will be well impressed. :eek:

I have 2 xbox's as well 1 is banned from LIVE (i bet you know why :rolleyes: ) the other is standard...

davidsti said:
Hi Bleeders,get the high def pack as soon as !!!!! :eek: you will be well impressed. :eek:

I have 2 xbox's as well 1 is banned from LIVE (i bet you know why :rolleyes: ) the other is standard...

Sorry if I am singing to the converted here, but if you dont know how to make your unspecial x box output prog scan (assuming it is a PAL one) then drop me a PM and I will let you know how to do it.

davidsti said:
TRy here
http://www.whitedog.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=9_47&products_id=626

there are cheaper versions on the market but i have read of people having problems with them ,so if you do get one make sure you get the official version....Happy hi-res xboxing my friend :D :D :D

Here is a list of all xbox games and there res :smashin:

CLICK ME FOR XBOX GAME LIST

White dog? Never seen that site before. Do you know what they are like for delivery times?

Anyway, for those who can wait a bit longer and want it a touch cheaper you can get it from here for just under £20 delivered, will take about 7 to 10 days to arrive though.

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=83&products_id=1742&

Thanks guys!

Anyway, here's Tekken 5 running on my modded PS2 in good ol' RGB!!

plasma_1.jpg

plasma_2.jpg

syntax error
White dog? Never seen that site before. Do you know what they are like for delivery times?

Anyway, for those who can wait a bit longer and want it a touch cheaper you can get it from here for just under £20 delivered, will take about 7 to 10 days to arrive though.

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?ca...oducts_id=1742&

WHITE DOG took mine 2 days from ordering :D

I was going to go the lik-sang root but at the time of ordering they were out of stock,an i couldn't wait ..........

David..............

Bleeders said:
The Sky + image is gonna be poor until Sky bring the HDMI-compatible boxes out, so will most likely wait till then, but I'll still pick up a decent QED cable though, just to ensure I'm getting the best out of my equipment.

The DVE disc can be bought from dvdinternational.com for about £15 each, which isn't bad. Worth investing in I reckon.

Is this the link?

http://store.yahoo.com/dvdinternational/boxofmareofd.html

Says it is NTSC, will a PAL version be out soon?

Bleeders said:
Thanks guys!

Anyway, here's Tekken 5 running on my modded PS2 in good ol' RGB!!

plasma_1.jpg

plasma_2.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Looking sweet Bleeders!!! :smashin:

There must be a few people out there arranging a visit to the bank after reading this thread ;)

Yep, I signed up for 4 years with this beaut, but I know it'll last me well beyond that period - I hope. ;)

Did you take out the extra guarentee with yours mate?

Bleeders said:
Yep, I signed up for 4 years with this beaut, but I know it'll last me well beyond that period - I hope. ;)

Did you take out the extra guarentee with yours mate?

Not yet. They said I had 14 days to decide.

Was gonna ask on here for opinions as to wether it was worth it.

I take it that you took it?

Bleeders

My thor fits in av3 not the other 2. av2 i am using a slimmer scart otherwise the thor wont fit in av3 either

Be carefull

Azz

Ta' Azz.

I'm using the Thor for my Sky+ > AV Centre, so I'll just get one of those QED Sqart thingies I think, since they should (hopefully) fit better.

SE - I took the extra warranty, if only because lugging that thing downstairs again *if* it goes wrong is out of the question. ;)

Anyone here know how to set the screen to 4:3 at all - if it's possible even?

Playing Pro Evo is an eye-sore since it's not a WS game.

Bleeders said:
Anyone here know how to set the screen to 4:3 at all - if it's possible even?

Playing Pro Evo is an eye-sore since it's not a WS game.

Its the button next to the one on the very bottom left of the remote, to the left of the swivel button.

syntax error said:
Its the button next to the one on the very bottom left of the remote, to the left of the swivel button.

Oh right. I just pressed it and seen it flciked through a few ratios, just assumed it would be on there.

Hate when games dont have widescren option. Especially footy! Its made for footy that ratio!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom