Hitachi 42PD7200 what do you think?

Davidsti..... GREAT PICS

My 7200 was delivered this week. I'm going to set it up next week. What settings have put the plasma on? :confused:

I have this Plasma ordered from Total Digital, £1930 delivered. Nice price!

However the order is still pending and the guy says I might get it on Saturday. :rolleyes:

But annoying as I was all set for getting it within 1 to 3 days as they promised!

Anyone know of any other outlet where I could get this for a similar price and have it by Saturday guaranteed? My local Richer sounds say they might have it in tomorrow.

RS are stocking it? Are you sure? I thought they only stocked equipment that was several years old lol

Wow I'm really surprised...good price too.

danluton said:
Wow I'm really surprised...good price too.

Yeah I know.

I was going to get it from them, but decided I would go with the online order so I could get it quicker, as I am an impatient fecker!

Dont you just hate waiting on web deliveries! :(

God yes...I feel your pain ;)

Another here who has a 7200 on order from totaldigital.biz, was told the same as you syntax.

Will phone em' again tomorrow since I got plans.

Still, my Denon 500SD has been attempted to be delivered, so it's not all bad. :p

Bleeders said:
Another here who has a 7200 on order from totaldigital.biz, was told the same as you syntax.

Will phone em' again tomorrow since I got plans.

Still, my Denon 500SD has been attempted to be delivered, so it's not all bad. :p

Ah! I feel better now, misery loves company! :devil:

I will post any developments here then mate, you do likewise. Hopefully we will both get it come the weekend. In one piece too hopefully! been reading some worrying reports of panels arriving with some damage on them!

Fingers crossed mate.

I didn't realise TD delivered the panels themselves, which would explain the cheap delivery price.

Yeah, the deliver 7 days a week too, which I guess might end up being handy as I get the feeling they are promising more than they can deliver by stating I should have it Saturday.

Hi guys. I've been racking my head over which plasma to get... and mainly it's down to the 42pd7200 or the 42pv500. Can any of you here shed any light on which is the better overall model.

I can't say that I'm impressed by the Hitachi's 1000:1 contrast ratio, and then I read something about it's HD not being great due to the alis screen or something (please excuse my lack of knowledge!).

The panny is about £300 more expensive but it looks like it could be a great plasma.

I'd really appreciate your views and experience on this.

Also is this a good time to buy one of these. I've seen loadsa posts around here that say "prices will fall" or "wait for a few months" etc etc ... is there any substance to that or are people just waiting so that the new models become old and hence cheap?!?!

Thanks in advance folks!

chimpmagnet

I went and plunged for hitachi and pound for pound a better TV than panni 500.

freeview excellent
dvd via component (i) tosh 330-fantastic

Sound is also excellent via supplied speakers.

?lack of detail with deep blacks but still running mine in.

The bad news for me was i bought it for the HDMI connection and i bought sammi850 but the results are worse than the tosh- i do not know why?

I hope this helps

Azz

Just had an email from TD saying mine is going to be delayed another 1-2 weeks. :mad:

Think I'll try Richer Sounds.

Bleeders said:
Just had an email from TD saying mine is going to be delayed another 1-2 weeks. :mad:

Think I'll try Richer Sounds.

Same as me mate! :mad:

gutted!

Fingers crossed my local Richer sounds get delivery tomorrow then!

Keep us posted to how you get on.

Will do mate.

Can't believe that, I rang em' yesterday morning and they said they'd taken receipt of them.

Bleeders said:
Will do mate.

Can't believe that, I rang em' yesterday morning and they said they'd taken receipt of them.

Really? I got the impression they were stringing me along from the start. They were always quite vague, but the answer was always "In the next day or two" :(

Just had a quick thought. Would John Lewis price match Richer Sounds? If so then it could be worth doing that, get the extra warranty!!

Yeah, I phoned them and was told they had em' delivered that morning, so wasn't best pleased to return home to find that email sitting in my inbox.

I'm down to my local shopping centre today to see if I can source one. I'm gonna check with www.digitaldirectuk.com as well, since they were due to take stock as well this week... maybe pay extra for a Saturday delivery.

Bleeders said:
Yeah, I phoned them and was told they had em' delivered that morning, so wasn't best pleased to return home to find that email sitting in my inbox.

I'm down to my local shopping centre today to see if I can source one. I'm gonna check with www.digitaldirectuk.com as well, since they were due to take stock as well this week... maybe pay extra for a Saturday delivery.

Digital direcrt are not expecting stock until 7 to 10 days :(

Bleeders said:
Mine too - I'm guessing yours is the one in Romford right?

I just reserved one!!

Nah mate, Kingston!

Mine is reserved too! :cool:

If they sell it there will be a war!!! ;)

Bleeders said:
:p

Gonna try and see if I can pay over the phone for it, just in case y'know.

Ha Ha! Its like you are reading my mind!!

Im gonna call them in my lunch break and get it sorted.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom