Hitachi 42PD7200 Plasma Contrast

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by MrLondonMan, Mar 22, 2006.

1. MrLondonMan

MrLondonMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone out there having trouble with the "Auto" contrast that doesn't seem to want to turn off on this plasma?
    I notice that, a LOT of the time, whenever there is a scene change (more noticable when there is not much movement -e.g. a dialolgue scene) then, regular as clockwork, exactly one second later, there is a slight but annoyingly perceptible change of the contrast as it tries to adjust itself. Doesn't seem so bad on things like BBC news etc. Worse on some of the older dramas.

I have taken the Dynamic Contrast off , of course, but it still appears to do this on Auto or Normal. In fact, there really is NO difference between the Auto and Normal setting. Did I get a lemon?

I find myself counting down the second after each change of camera angle, waiting....... hoping it won't do it. Grrrrrr!

2. read1976

read1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi,
    my 1st note.

I am a currently looking in to getting one of these as well. I have read other threads which say that this is something that just happens on this set. I've looked but can't seem to find that info. will check tonight as well for you.. Other than that is it a good screen. What's DVD like on it?

3. MrLondonMan

MrLondonMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorted!

Take off (or turn down to LOW) the Black Enhancement.
    Now I am 110% pleased and can thoroughly recommend;) It is a peach of a Plasma......

I would go for it, read1976. I know there are new Hitachis about to be launched, but I would imagine somewhat pricier. The 42PDs have been tried and tested for a while now, so you know that you are not going to get any teething problems which you might get with whatever else they bring out. And they are pretty well future-proof with the connectivity.

Don't delay - everyone's been raving about them! I would imagine stock to be drying up fast. Dixons selling for £1,400 (use code 100DIXONS to get the discount down from the advertised £1,500). Enjoy!

PS - The Luminance Manager will also cause the dreaded flicking around the four corners - so get it off!

4. read1976

read1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    cant seem to find it but it does exist... somebody help out and post the link in to that thread please.