Hitachi 42PD7200 Advice

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by shaunr, Aug 2, 2006.

1. shaunr

shaunr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi all,

My friend has offered me his 8 month old 7200 with motorised stand and a wall mount for £950 as he's taking a contract abroad. Please could some one answer the following questions;

1) Do all the 7200's have the H4 panel (or were they added after a certain manufacturing date)?

2) He purchased from John Lewis and there is 4 year ish left on the warranty. Is this transferrable? How is it arranged?

3) Do you reckon it's a decent price?:devil:

Cheers guys,

Shaun

2. airline1

airline1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi,
    I have no idea if the panel changed after a certain date but I would be surprised if that were the case.

I have just checked my policy and it states that the policy is non-transferable. I suppose if a fault occured you could get your friend to make the claim for you. Although Im not sure how you would get around the different address issue.

The average price new is around £1250. So £950 is a reasonable price but it maybe worth trying to get him to drop it a £100 or so to allow for the non-transferable warranty.

Dave

3. shaunr

shaunr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Cheers Dave..anyone else care to comment please?

4. kingsize

kingsize

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    if you can get it for 1250 AND the 4yr warranty, I would always take that option. Most I would go on that deal is £750.00, or you could investigate buying an independent warranty, although not sure how this would apply to 2nd hand goods,,,,,,,,,,,

5. CFC1

CFC1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,249
    Shaun, I agree with airline and think £850 would be a fair price. I would double check with JL about the transferability of the warranty. Airline says no and he has the warranty, where I have not, but it would seem to me to be unusual not to transfer. You transfer a car's warranty, right?.....In any case in the event that something went wrong with it further down the line, you have house contents insurance don't you?............;)

6. shaunr

shaunr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Cheers gents for your thoughts. I've seen people mention on here mention that the warranty was tranferrable but nothing has been confirmed. I don't think my mate would go for £850, as he paid about £1950 for it such a short time ago..but hey, that's technology.

Now that there is a 4 year warranty direct with Hitachi it would seem daft to potentially have the hassle for the sake of a couple of hundred quid saved.

At £1250 though, i'm wondering if it's better to go for a PX60 at £150 more..hmm, decisions decisions..lol

7. airline1

airline1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    The policy cover is from a company called Cardiff Pinnacle. You could give them a ring to double check if it is possible to transfer. The number on the policy is 020 8207 9110.

Cheers
    Dave

8. CFC1

CFC1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,249
    Shaun

If you can live with the styling, the newer and better specced PX60 is a no brainer at the relative prices. (I'm a 7200 owner BTW) :smashin:

9. airline1

airline1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I agree :thumbsup: