Hitachi 42PD7200/7500 - are they wall mountable?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by scoobladee, Mar 22, 2006.

1. scoobladee

scoobladee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got conflicting info from the web. I have been impressed with the reviews the 42PD7200 model has been getting on this site and am planning to buy one in the next week or so but I really do need a wall mountable panel. I'm overseas and offshore at the moment so a wee bit isolated. Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

2. the whistler

the whistler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    I have the 7500 and have just checked the manual and there is no mention whatsoever of wall mounting. Having looked around the back of the set, I cant see any obvious mounting holes. However its not something I checked when I bought the set as I particularly wanted it on the swivel stand.

Edit: Just found one reference in the safety instructions.
    Follow instructions for wall shelf or ceiling mounting as specified by the manufacturer.

However there are no such intruction supplied with the set.

3. Ruperts slippers

Ruperts slippers
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,252
    You should have no problems wall mounting ,ive wall mounted mine i'll try find the bracket no you need .

4. lewangdan

lewangdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 42pd7200 is wall mountable, however be careful of using generic wall mounts. I have managed to wall mount the 7200. I used a wall mount I bought for the 42pd6600 after some fiddly alterations. Hitachi do sell a wall mount specific for the 42pd7200. You can buy it direct from Hitachi go to:-

http://www.hitachidigitalmedia.com/...lag=&accessoryTypeId=13&accessoryProductId=-1

It is also a bit of a puzzle to remove the stand. There are 4 large screws that hold the tv to the stand which after you have removed will allow the tv to be lifted off the stand. Also remember to remove the cable linking the tv to the stand.

hope that helps

5. rickyjohn

rickyjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    the bracket on this link is the PWT001, I'm pretty sure the most suitable one for the 7200 is the PWT002, if you search around the net. That's what I ordered for mine, (my 7200 + bracket should be with me next week!!!!).

I'm not a DIY man though, far from it so god help me!! Any mounting tips for the 7200 is much appreciated!

6. Ruperts slippers

Ruperts slippers
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,252
    Yep thats the bracket no you need pwt002 ,not pwt001.

7. blicky_1

blicky_1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +516
    Put mine on the wall with a £50 (delivered) jobbie off ebay, had to drill 2 extra holes in the two brackets that go on the back of the screen but apart from that no problems, well it's still there 6 weeks later :)

8. scoobladee

scoobladee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot folks. Ordered a 42PD7200 from digital direct yesterday with the PWT002 wall bracket. It's getting installed by people that know what they're doing as part of a garage conversion. Can't wait to get it up and running.

Thanks again :smashin: