Hitachi 42PD660A LCD = £1631

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by StrongBow103, Mar 24, 2006.

1. StrongBow103

StrongBow103

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Board,
    Delivery, purchase and 3yr insurance. Is £1631 a reasonable price to pay?
    Also, I need to move my Sky+ to the other end of room, can I buy extra cable to move the Sky box, and is it expensive to do, or problematic?
    Thanks...

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    can you link to exactly what you are planning to buy. If its the 6600 plasma forget it its a dog and not worth the hassle of having to return! if its a something else then perhpas an ok deal (and is it 3yr insurance? or warranty?)

3. StrongBow103

StrongBow103

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Horny,
    I`m looking through old posts now on these forums. Initially there was good to said about them about Augustish 05, that`s why I went out today and have a look at the tv`s up front.
    All I want is a 42" plasma/LCD plugged into Sky+, and have a great picture and be chuffed. It`s getting so stressfull now, pro`s and cons, whatever, I`m seriously thinking of getting a Flat screen, 32" rear projection, new for £300. I don`t think it`s worth the hassle any more. It`s getting me down now. Thanks for reply anyway....

4. Kevstir

Kevstir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +185
    Hi m8

if your not to bothered about HD then the Panasonic th42pe50 would be a great buy , also the L.G. 42PX4DV is another good buy , it got best budget in what plasma mag, its also HD compatible (not hd ready), as ur budgets £1600 you could always go for the Hitachi 7200 its retailing for around £1400 and is HD ready.

i know how you feel m8 , sometimes i think hitting my head of a brick wall would be more fun that trying to decide on what TV to buy lol

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    PWD8 with 5.1 system could be yours for £1500 and no one has been dissapointed witht the panny (even gussie thought the PQ was great except for his aversion to pixel based displays)

6. StrongBow103

StrongBow103

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Guys,
    Keep replying, you all make sense, but nothing is sinking in at the moment. I`m like sort of woozy. I have not felt this stressed (Buying a Tv), since I dumped a bus full of passengers many yrs ago on one my bus routes.

Who`s from Falkirk, I lived in Polmont about 35 yrs back? Living in S Wales now...

7. Kevstir

Kevstir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +185
    ah polmont , used to go to the claremont until it got a bit ruff , im from grangemouth just put falkirk as more people know it lol

iv been looking at TV's ever since our offer got accepted on a house , dont move in till the 28th so got a few more weeks of looking and scratchin my heed lol

is £1600 your budget??

8. StrongBow103

StrongBow103

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Kevstir,
    A week or so back my budget was about £1200 at most. But after looking into it a bit more, I think I`ll have to pay a bit extra. It`s my first Plasma/LCD purchase and did not realise how different models are to each other...
    I was in touch with someone from Polmont last year, a guy called Dave(photographer). I went offline for a while and didn`t get back. I`m knocking off now, I`ll only drone on about Polmont..
    Thanks.....