Hitachi 42PD6600A Strange picture artifacts

charlie w

Standard Member
Hello everyone.
I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on a problem that has recently started to show itself on my plasma tv. The set is just over three years old and the picture problems started just over a week ago. the problem occurs after the set has been switched on for as little as thirty minutes, or sometimes it's a few hours before it happens.
I have a sky box and a linux sat box connected via separate scarts, and a seldom switched on media pc connected via hdmi. I have isolated each connection and the fault appears on all of them. Also tried a factory reset, but that didn't help. I guess it must be the tv rather than any periferal connections...but i really don't have a clue.
Deep down i'm thinking it's beyond repair.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated:)
Cheers.
48489022.jpg

41182943.jpg

dscf2377v.jpg

bladedripper

Distinguished Member
Gees the zombies are coming,your right it don't look good.:eek:

charlie w

Standard Member
Gees the zombies are coming,your right it don't look good.:eek:

I know. I fear the worst:confused:

It's strange that i haven't seemed to come across a similar problem whilst searching on here or via Google. How am i gonna explain to the missus that we need a new (ahem) bigger tv!

bladedripper

Distinguished Member
I know. I fear the worst:confused:

It's strange that i haven't seemed to come across a similar problem whilst searching on here or via Google. How am i gonna explain to the missus that we need a new (ahem) bigger tv!
That tv is all the explaining id need,in fact its a licence for a new bigger tv can you claim on your insurance for an even bigger tv.:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom