Hitachi 42PD6600

P

pica123

Hi there everyone.

I have just taken delivery of the above Plasma TV and have set it up and it seems to be working ok. The thing is that there is a lot of colour banding and the dark areas are filled with green pixels. I am running it through a component input (RGB) from a JVC dvd recorder from a sky+ box source. I have played with the picture settings but it just gets worse. has any other 6600 user had this problem or do I have a faulty set ?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

You might want to check the main 6600 thread, to make sure you have the correct running in settings. You'll also pick up that you could be unlucky and have a faulty TV. I did, and got it exchanged.

Don't want to dampen your enthusiasm, as I said it could just be your settings.

Have you got sky+ set to RGB output?

Gazza

Thanks Gazza.

Have read the thread and had the set running for 7 hours and thought it was getting better but turned the set on this morning and looks terrible again.

Everywhere there is a highlight it is shown up by a bright green/blue/red line, you can even see it 10 ft away.

going to give it a few days and send it back if it is not any better.

Attachments

• DSC00137.JPG
    DSC00137.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC00136.JPG
    DSC00136.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 76
Thet's exactly what I had, a green and purple banding across grey/white areas. Got Mastercare in and agreed an exchange, but told them I wanted to upgrade to the 7200. No problems with the engineer, but other people's experiences have been different. Where did you get yours from?

Gazza

Got mine from a place called SS electricals in Birmingham, bought it online!!:eek:

was the 7200 better mate?

The thing is I had an LG 42px11 and the picture was much better but it is being refunded due to a small mark inside the screen and so if I upgraded to the 7200 I would only have to put £100 on top of my refund to get it from them.

THis is from their website:

Warranty & Returns

* All goods are covered by a 12 month return to base warranty at your own cost. The warranty does not cover misuse/accidental or otherwise damage.
* In the unlikely event of your goods being delivered faulty you must contact us within 7 days. If your goods are damaged you must contact us within 48 hours of the date of delivery in order for us to arrange a replacement. This does not apply to goods that are inspected at the time of delivery. If there are any accessories missing, please contact us within 24 hours.
* Goods mishandled or if any accessories (including inner packaging) are missing cannot be exchanged or credited.
* You are responsible for your own shipping costs when returning items to us. We will in turn be responsible for the cost of shipping items back to you.
* Any goods returned (after 7 days of invoice date) that were purchased in error or are no longer wanted will be subject to handling and re-stocking charges of 20% of the original goods value.
* Any goods returned under warranty and tested not faulty will be subject to a handling charge of 15% of the original good value before return shipping.
* In accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations, an order can be cancelled in writing within 7 working days of delivery if boxed with all original packaging, unused and in perfect condition, whereby a refund will be provided less the costs of carriage. The goods have to be sent back at your own cost.
* If a customer returns goods back to us and they are tested by our engineer as NOT FAULTY there is a handling charge payable
* The average cost on small items is £10 and £45 for large items and will be deducted from any returned items.

f you are worried, get it packed up, speak to them and get it returned ASAP.

Thanks for that mate.

Just seen a 7200 for £1479.96 + 69.99delivery Think I might go for that

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom