1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42PD6600 What?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by shad 0, Jul 24, 2005.

1. shad 0

shad 0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Just saw this on the Currys web site. Wanted to know if anyone had any info on this TV.

currys

2. Badger0-0

Badger0-0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    Currys specs are good aren't they?? ;)
    All I can say from that, is that the speakers have the same power as a 7200.

3. Badger0-0

Badger0-0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    Just been on the Hitachi site and they don't list a 6600.
    Probably just Currys changing the model to stop people price matching.
    Without seeing it, I'd guess it's a 7200.
    The price would be right.

4. Majid Khan

Majid Khan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Strange, Currys have the Hitachi 7200 also on their website, priced £50 cheaper than 6600.

Anyone aware if there are an differences between the two? Perhaps the newer model has better blacks?! lets hope so. :)

5. Garry Goodchild

Garry Goodchild

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the hitachi 6600 is brand new and is not even on their website it has the same spec as the 7200 but has a slightly higher refresh rate and is slightly different to the 7200 in appearance, also sound is supposed to be better but all in all its the 7200

6. Helterskelter

Helterskelter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I came across a Plasma on currys site that was 1000mm Deep!
    Dont want THAT one! :eek:

edie

7. lee01

lee01
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hi just to let u no that the hitachi 42pd6600 is coming down from 1999 to 1499 this week think it ill be thurs not bad 4 a hdtv. its still priced at 1999 just now on currys website

8. normarker

normarker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not surprised its coming down, they haven't got any.

9. lee01

lee01
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    yeah they have all the stores r going to b getting them in to take them away there keeping the stock back there expecting a huge demand 4 them

10. tscotsman

tscotsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Now if only the Panasonic 42Pv500 would come down in price i would be well pleased

11. manomano

manomano
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  12. lee01

lee01
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    yip ats the model i think u mite see adverts on tv its a bank hol deal. i dont think u'll see the pv500 coming down anytime soon currys is having problems getting stock cause there none unles sum companys bought more in b4 they ran out. there not due back in till the middle of sept

13. Majid Khan

Majid Khan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    £1499 for a Hitachi HD ready plasma? that can't be right, surely..

14. manomano

manomano
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  15. normarker

normarker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It does exist, I've just seen one in Currys.
    The styling is a bit different, http://www.hitachi-webshop.nl/shop/...roduct=42PD6600
    as already posted. It had just come out of the box, marked at £1995ish.
    Tomorrow its in the 6 day sale at £1499 and there ain't a lot of them.
    How do you know its the H4 screen and doesn't have picture master? I assume it has 720p@50hz?
    Anyone know more about the specs?

16. manomano

manomano
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    i dont think it has the picture master processing for 2 reasons
    1. that link (not the currys) has the h4 logo but not pic master logo
    2. theres a press release on the european hitachi digital media site which mentions this ......."In addition to the Picture Master range, Hitachi will also be showing its new HDTV-ready 42-inch plasma TV, the Platara 42PD6600 and the new state-of-the-art LCD TVs, the 26LD6600 (26-inch), 32LD6600 (32-inch) and 37LD6600 (37-inch). "

17. normarker

normarker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I see, thanks for that. So what is picture master then?
    Does this make it a lesser telly than the 7200 which is about the same price normally?
    Any advice would be handy, if this is as good a deal as it looks I don't want to miss it.

18. manomano

manomano
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    at the end of the day i think the pic master technology is supposed to give a better picture - it would be good if others could give their opinions as this deal seems worth looking at

19. Majid Khan

Majid Khan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its confirmed at £1499 on the Curry's website... looks quite stylish too.

I was considering getting the Panasonic PE50 (SD) plasma , for £1999 from Comet - that's with cabinet and DVD recorder...

But i'm wondering whether I might be better off going for this Hitachi, since it is HD-Ready.. anyone seen the 6600 in action? and if so what is the PQ like , compared with the PE50?

I hope my local Currys have one in the store, so I can get a demo..

20. azzy129

azzy129

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi everyone, i'm new to this site (thanks to curry's & google). This 6 day deal on this Hitachi has really caught my eye and I need more info on this product. I was interested in the 42 pd7200 but this is nearly £450 cheaper than that (comet price). A few things seem "not normal" about this offer... Hitachi don't list this in their website (could it be discontinued). The link someone gave earlier is for a dutch/netherlands Hitachi site suggesting that this could be a European model?? btw the website does'nt work. Also it could be that curry's are going to get a huge demand for this product and not be able to fulfill customer's order's. I hope that this is not the case as I may well be purchasing this and sacrifice the October half term holiday to Cyprus (expecting backlash from family). I will be visiting my local currys in the morning. with the 42pd7200 it has a motorised stand which you can adjust from the remote, I guess the 42pd6600 does'nt have that feature.

21. jezclayton

jezclayton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Been following this thread and note that Currys claim the 42PD6600 on offer does have Picturemaster. I reckon I will order it and if I don't like it and it doesn't have Picturemaster I shouldn't have a problem returning it!

A copy of the actual Currys text is below.

Hitachi 42" High Definition Plasma TV
    with Explosive Digital Sound

Available to order from 10.30PM Wednesday 24/08/05

Slim & stylish are just a few words to describe this fantastic Plasma TV deal. This TV offers the ultimate viewing experience with features such as Picturemaster for a more vivid picture quality, NICAM surround sound, Picture-in-Picture technology, S-Video / HDMI & PC connectivity. It also comes complete with a table top stand or wall mountable if you wish.
    Amazing Low Price!
    Save a massive £500 - Price from 30/08/05 will be £1999
    Flexible Finance Option
    6 Day Deal - £1,499.00

22. Badger0-0

Badger0-0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    1048*576 resolution ?????
    I don't recognise that.

But it does say ALIS.

That's a bit contradictory.

If that is the true resolution, it's NOT HDready.

My advice would be if you're worried about supply, order it at the first inst and then return it under the sale of goods act because of the description, if it's not HDready.

You can hardly go wrong, I would have thought :smashin:

23. kingsize

kingsize

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    picturemaster or not?

24. manomano

manomano
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Haha i think i see what currys have done with the pixel count they have multiplied 1024 by 1024 and come up with 1048576 pixels in their spec - so it does seem its 1024 x 1024

ps 1048576 is also the amount of bytes in 1GB!

25. jezclayton

jezclayton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Quite an interesting site this if your willing to be totally distracted from what you're meant to be doing and want to know everything else you haven't thought of as if buying a damn TV nowadays isn't hard enough anyhow.

I must had spent hours over the last few days - initially I wanted the Samsung SP50L7HX projection TV but finally decided that it was too big for my room and I was put off by the limited viewing angle - Whilst looking at the Samsung I noticed how much the picture on Plasmas had improved (initially I hated them) - I then decided I would purchase a Panasonic TH-42PV500 only to spend hours making up my mind whether it was to be wall mounted, pedestal or floor stand. Having opted for the pedestal the thing was out of stock - I then decided the 42 was perhaps not as good value as the TH-37PV500 and I could use the money saved towards a new DVD. I go on the Currys web site to order and I see the offer on the Hitachi 42PD6600. I then spend hours trying to find out what this previously unheard of Hitachi is (why can't they talk in plain English instead of having numerous different product codes) during which I find this site.

Anyhow - I have ordered the Hitachi without knowing anything about it (I can always return it as long as I don't take it out of the box). Guess its time to start thinking about the DVD recorder, set top box, amplifier, speakers............

26. azzy129

azzy129

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    right, so has anyone seen a demo on this unit today at currys? I went to my local store at 09:30 only to be told that they had not received delivery of it. They were expecting it anytime today and soon as it would arrive they would put it up on display. It definitely is HD ready, it has a black frame/front and as the sales guy told me, stocks will be limited. So considering it's :-
    a) A Hitachi
    b) 42"
    c) impressive virtual dolby sound
    d) HD ready
    e) Stylish design
    f) a penny under £1500

In the words of that wheelchair guy in Little Britain... "I WANT THAT ONE"!!

27. synnea

synnea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Ok, heres what I have found.

I phoned my local Hitachi dealer in Belfast - he had not heard of the model but could not believe the price on offer. I then phoned Hitachi Digital Media Uk

(see here http://www.hitachidigitalmedia.com/...ountryid=9&servicetypeid=13&servicegroupid=47)

and asked them about the screen. I mentioned that the Plasma was not shown on their website. The guy on customer service seemed to know his stuff (for a change) and explained to me that the Hitachi 42PD6600 was only released this month and therefore the website has not been updated.

So what do we all think - my heart was always set on the Panny PV 42" but this one is nearly 1000 quid cheaper. However I would have concerens about image burn on the Hitachi??

Someone had mentioned this 6600 has replaced the 7200? If the specs are similiar heres the link

http://www.hitachidigitalmedia.com/DMG/viewProduct_1.jsp?productid=464

Im continuing my research into this and Ill keep you posted. Please also do the same if you find out any more info!!

Cheers.

28. manomano

manomano
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I saw it in currys this morning - the assistant was clueless and couldnt help me at all - i asked him if he could get the manual so i could see the specs but he couldnt be bothered as it was upstairs! it looks ok to me - maybe a bit plasticky , as for pic quality i couldnt tell - they has some poor quality snowy feed going through it! If this is a longer term model maybe other retailers will get and sell it cheap - i dont like the pressure of this 6 day sale although this could be a bargain.

my advice is - if in doubt - wait.

29. synnea

synnea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Yeah I agree, The RF feeds that Currys use are terrible - split over about 100 Tvs - I mean how can you tell what the image quality is really like! What I did on the Pannys was change the channel to Freeview in the store - I dont care what they say. However with this you cant.

Ask them to connect a dvd player to it - demand it. If you are parting with hard earned 1500 there will be a sales assistant somewhere who will do it. I find the female ones are more helpful than the males in any store I have been to - they cant be bothered. Grab a female member of staff and ask if they would connect a dvd player and check the picture quality. Im off to Currys later and ill let you know what I think (if they have one)

30. Daipac

Daipac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    So, has anyone actually seen one of these in action with a decent feed ? Strange how it is has just popped up from almost nowhere.