1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42PD6600 wall mount(s) which one to get ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by gdi, Sep 8, 2005.

1. gdi

gdi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

As anyone wall mounted this TV, as would like advice on which wall mount to buy, will a universal wall mount be okay :confused:

Thanks

2. leicester_al

leicester_al

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    see my posting in the 6600 set up forum

3. gdi

gdi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi leicester_al

I saw your post but would like to be certain that this TV needs a special Hitachi wall mount, as this is the usual advice given by all TV makers to sell thier own stuff. The experts ;-) in Currys told me that a universal mount would work okay.

Do we know anyone who has tried to wall mount this telly ????

4. leicester_al

leicester_al

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello gdi,

whilst currys would say that a universal bracket would fit, all i can say is " they would say that, wouldnt they ". The facts are that the 6600 was brand new to the market when currys launched their august bank holiday promotion. currys salesmen will tell you ( a potential customer ) what you want to hear or what they believe to be true. Most universal brackets fit most plasmas - that much is true. However, there is nothing whatsoever in the 6600 manual indicating wall fixing arrangements. Very strange. And yet a lower specd model, the matsui, from the cheaper end of the market has fixing instructions in the manual, using a keyhole bracket fitting on to the two large double diameter bosses. The matsui uses the exact same rear panel as used on the 6600. if you look on any other flat backed plasma other than the 6600 or matsui you will not find the two large bosses. they are not there for no reason. i have spoken with 3 major bracket suppliers, describing the arrangement on the rear of the 6600. none would commit that their brackets would fit. none had yet received details of the 6600. i live in leicester but work in london during the week. i have visited 6 large currys in the vicinity of my digs and not one salesman would commit that a universal bracket would fit. the question is then - who do you believe? a major manufacturer or a high street flog it merchant. you take your choice.
    my hitachi bracket will be with me in about 10 days. i will have more details then and will gladly pass my learning on to you. even if your universal bracket does not fit all is not lost. i myself believe i will have to frig my hitachi bracket to attach to the universal tilting & articulated bracket i intend to purchase from avrabbit. if that can be done i will pass my learning on to you. a bit of drilling and grinding on a wet sunday afternoon should marry the two together

leicester_al

5. edonald

edonald

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been trying to get a swivel and tilt wall mount for the Hitachi PD6600 without success as those I have seen do not fit. Can you recommend a tilt/swivel or, failing that, a suitable fixed wall mount.

6. Sharpy14

Sharpy14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got the RS100 wall mount for the 6600 and it worked fine.

7. m4rkje

m4rkje
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    edonald,

I have that Plasma and have purchased a tilting mount from Alastair Collie on these forums..

straight forward installation and with a discount, a pretty good deal when compared to the 'Currys' prices...

Regards