Hitachi 42pd6600 screen burn

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by wibblewobbleboy, Mar 14, 2006.

1. wibblewobbleboy

wibblewobbleboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All,

I am finally thinking of buying a decent TV and have decided on the Hitachi 42pd6600.

I have heard that plasma TV's can suffer from screen burn. (we watch a lot of sky news and the logo stays static all the time)

Hitachi say 'To avoid image retention the Plasma has a screen wipe facility which should be used to deal with this effect'. They might as well have written this in latin for what it means to me.

Can anybody help?

Do plasma screens get screen burn? (I find this amazing taking into acount the value of them'

Will this wipe facility get rid of it?

Regards

Dave

2. windie

windie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Initially when I had this screen (it's gone to a new home now)there was a lot of image retention. By this I mean that you can see a previous image on a dark background but the residual image tended to fade quite quickly, normally within a couple of hours.

I won't advise you not to get this screen if you have set your mind to it, but I was never really happy with mine. Initially all was well but eventually I had a couple of problems.

There are plenty of people who like this screen, but also quite a few who do not rate it. It's all about budget really, If you do a search you will find a couple of threads discussing the screen.

Hope you get what, but definately do a little research before parting with yuor penny's.

3. Accylad

Accylad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +317
    I have had a 6600 since last November with no problems at all. Picture quality is great, start with settings set very low and buildup over time.
    We watch lots of channels with logos for several hours at a time and have had no screen burn problems at all:)