• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hitachi 42PD6600 No output after power supply swap

PaulMatthews39

Novice Member
Hi all,
Recently purchased a cheap Hitachi 42PD6600 that was completely dead. Expecting it to be the usual problem with the 10ohm resistor(s) and transistors q201 and q220, I fitted a repair kit. As soon as power was applied it blew R003 immediately and upon further inspection had taken out q201 again (shorted). Had a further poke around the board and found q101 was also shorted so did the repair again, this time doing q101 too and same thing happened.
Anyway, having worked through most of RS components stock I decided to just get a new power supply board and save myself some hassle. Fitted it and plugged the unit in. Led went red then green and stays on. Backlight comes on but nothing else, no picture, no sound, no menu, no apparent response to remote.
I'm guessing that the previous supply has taken something out on the main board but have no idea where to look. Is there a fuse or fusible resistor I should be checking?
Thanks in advance,
Paul

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom