1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42PD5300 or 42P5200

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by dUnKle, May 28, 2004.

1. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,489
    Almost purchased a Plasma last night after seeing the rave reviews the 5200 is getting - it will be my first Plasma set

The only thing that held me back was the fact that the 5300 is not that much more expensive

Is it worth the extra ?

Will be mostly used for DVD viewing ( connected via Toshiba 510 component input ) and also SKY via RGB Scart

I will also have a few other things connected ( such as game consoles ) via the S-VIDEO out of my AMP

the 5200 looks lovely but the 5300 is only a few hundred pound more

One final thing - where is best to buy them from ? At the moment im considering LEConcepts

2. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,489
    Well I took a (hopefully fairly safe) gamble and went for the 5200

I have purchased based on the reviews - nobody even remotely local had them in stock let alone able to give me a demo - lets hope its as good as the reviews say

Also went for LEConcepts

Placed order over the phone - bloke was very helpful and nice - again fingers crossed

Also treated self to a Sony 930 whilst there

3. fulllupo

fulllupo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Good move. ALthough id prefer a seperate tuner box, ive heard the the av box can deteriorate the picture. I have no knowledge of this other than what ive heard on here tho