1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42PD5300 and JL Pricematch

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by AKM, Nov 5, 2004.

1. AKM

AKM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Someone help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've spent days and days trying to get JL to pricematch RGB, Sound and Vision, PRC, Krish but to no avail! They just seem like they are no longer interested in Price Matching!!

JL Price £2795
    Others - £2080-£2195

Whats the cheapest you have got and where? Who did they Pricematch with?

Stores accessible to me are:
    Brent Cross
    Oxford Street
    Milton Keynes
    Welwn Garden City
    Bluewater
    Watford

Can anyone give experiences specific to these branches?

Thanks for your help!

2. jpd2

jpd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

This was my post in march, so th eprices will be wrong, but the detail should help

JL Pricematch on 42pd5300 - £2700

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well just waiting for delivery of my 42PD5300 next Tuesday.

For info JL did a pricematch on a company in Bradford called Electro Saver 0800 6987 654, they don't seem to be on the net but advertise on a full page spread in What Video & Wide screen TV.

It was not all plain sailing as this company and PRC quoted different prices on my orginal call, but when JL called was slightly dearer. But I am pleased with this deal including the 5 year warranty and Hitachi free portable DVD player. JL price £3295 down to £2699, the cheapest I have been able to find was PRC direct at £2589, but this was only via the net (£50 + del dearer in store) with 1 year warranty.

Will post my findings of PQ and some pics.

3. Lord Lucan

Lord Lucan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Their ad in the Sunday Times, albeit for a dishwasher, clearly states they will price match with any shop,such as RGB, although that coy has a separate website. Ask to speak to the store manager. Don't give in.

4. jpd2

jpd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just another thought

you must be around London..........have a look at the shops at Tottenham Court Road.......they have loads of Plasmas on display that JL would have to match

5. Uzey

Uzey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I asked JL to pricematch the LG PX11 plasma with RGB (JL= £1999.99 RGB= £1525 +£25 delivery) and they stated that "John Lewis trades on a higher platform to RGB and can therefore not pricematch with them."

Their 'never knowingly undersold' statement is bullsh*t! Is it me or have they taken that statement off their delivery lorries?