Hitachi 42pd5300 Adjustment Code Problem

C

caldy

Hi All,
New on here so please bear with me if I say anything stupid. I have recently purchased a 2nd hand a Hitachi 42pd5300 with media box and I have a problem.
The people who previously owned it have taken it out of forced AVC mode. No problem I thought, just go into the adjustment mode and reset the 323 code to 1 and away we go.
Now here's the probelm, I can get into the adjustment code menu without problem but neither the main butoons on the plasma nor the remote will let me scroll down the code list. I have no problems scrolling down any other menu on the plasma only the code adjustment.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem is or if there is a cure or am I just doing something dumb.

Cheers

Chris

Thanks for that but I have these already. My problem is that when I get to the menu with the codes on I am unable to scroll through them. the up and down and left and right keys either want to change the input or the volume not act as a scroll.

Thanks for taking the time to reply

Cheers

Chris

Thanks for that but I have these already. My problem is that when I get to the menu with the codes on I am unable to scroll through them. the up and down and left and right keys either want to change the input or the volume not act as a scroll.

Thanks for taking the time to reply

Cheers

Chris

here goes..fingers crossed, that you come back to check your thread...

i've looked up manuals for older plasmas and found one for a toshiba plasma

http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/tacpassets-images/models/42DPC85/docs/42DPC85_om_e.pdf

and i've had a thought..

i looked at the hitachi manual and it has a recall button on the remote like the toshiba.

okay..this is a longshot, but worth a try.

this is what it says on the toshiba manual

Using the LOCKS menu

The LOCKS menu includes the V-Chip and New PIN Code functions.
You can use these functions after entering the correct PIN code.

Entering the PIN code
1. Press MENU, and then press x or • until the FUNCTION menu
appears.
2. Press y or z to highlight LOCKS, and then press ENTER.
3. The PIN CODE entering menu appears.

• Blocking Reset status:

Set a new 4-digit code by
pressing the Number buttons
(0–9).

• When the PIN code is already stored:

Press the Number buttons
(0–9) to enter your 4-digit
PIN code.

If the wrong PIN code is entered, the message “Incorrect” appears.
Enter your code again, and then press ENTER.

If you cannot remember your PIN code
1. While the PIN code entering screen is displayed, press RECALL
four times within five seconds. The PIN code will be released
(Blocking Reset status restored).
2. Set a new 4-digit code, and then press ENTER.
The LOCKS menu appears.

Thanks very much for your reply, however it appears that there is no password protect for the 42pd5300.I will keep battling. I have emailed Hitachi so heres hoping their brains trust can come up with something.
Cheers again

Chris

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom