• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hitachi 42pd5200e

12 promises

Established Member
I SAW A THREAD IN HERE YESTERDAY AND HAVE LOST IT(LOSING THE THREAD!!)
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY THE 5200 DOES NOT MAKE IT ONTO THE HD LIST?
PAGE 2 OF THE MANUAL CLEARLY STATES HD AND AS FAR AS I CAN SEE FROM THE HITACHI SITE (Q+A) IT IS HD AND HDCP ENABLED.:confused:

Scuttlerx

Established Member
Hi,

I believe its because it does not fully meet the HD criteria as 1) it does not have a HDMI connection and 2) it cannot display 720p/50hz (unless you have the 42pd5200 H).

It will display some HD stuff as it can do 720p/60hz and 1080i/(50/60)hz (I've got a 32pd5200 and it displays HD through xbox 360) and you have the DVI connection. But, as it does not support the 2 standards above it cannot be sold as a HD ready TV.

Sky HD is rumored to be 720p/50hz so wont be able to display that, although also hear some stuff maybe 1080i...have to wait and see

12 promises

Established Member
It Is The 720p/50hz Thats Doing It.
The Criteria For Connection Is Hdmi Or Dvi Plus The Component.
Thanks For The Info.
IS THERE AFIX FOR THIS OR HAVE I BEEN SOLD A PUP COSTING £3K.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom