• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hitachi 42PD5200e Plasma Noise Issue

Dooley888

Novice Member
Hi all

Crackling Noise Issues

I have a Hitachi 42PD5200 e Plasma tv which when displaying a picture is making a consistent noise.

The sound is best described as a plastic pen hitting a small fan sort of noise.

Frequency and volume varies depending on what is being displayed. The noise is louder when there is lots of motion or the screen is bright (watching tennis) but is rather quiet when dark colours are being displayed.

I've removed the back panel to investigate where the noise is coming from. It appears to originate from the middle "orange" board. Other than capacitors and a heat sink, I have no idea what is there.

See screenshot (not my photo nor my television- this is a photo for illustrative purposes of the model).

See video- I've attempted to show the state of the equipment as perhaps a keen eyed individual will see something that is faulty and could be replaced.

TLDR:

Noisy tv when picture is displayed. Looking for help as the tv will be getting chucked as I can't afford to have a technician repair it nor purchase a new one!

Screenie:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/atta...-e-plasma-daughterboard-issue-18092009066.jpg

Video:

Hitachi 42PD5200e Plasma tv - YouTube

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom