1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42PD5200

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by adogintheocean, Mar 21, 2005.

1. adogintheocean

adogintheocean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok ive decided to buy a Hitachi 42PD4200 and which cables are going to give the best picture quality im also thinking of getting a Cambridge Audio Azur 540R Reciever and Cambridge Audio Azur 540D DVD and also Tannoy FX5.1 speakers.

2. madasahat

madasahat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    good choice you wont be disapointed a brilliant screen i found the best place for cables is /www.tvcables.co.uk good service at a good price

3. ajc347

ajc347

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm interested to know why you plumped for the Azur 540D DVD player - have you considered the DVD79 also by cambridge audio and sold by RS at the same price?

I'm running a dvd79 to a Hitachi 32pd5200 via DVI and can get an excellent 720p and 1080i picture (without any macroblocking or lip sync problems so far). The Azur 540D cannot (as far as i am aware) upscale in the same manner as the dvd79 and you should (at least theoretically) be able to get a better upscaled picture via the dvd79's DVI-D connection than the Azur 540D's component connection.

I presume that you will get a similar picture with the 42" screen - if not you could always take the dvd79 back within 14 days and swap it for an azur 540d (presuming of course that you're buying your kit from RS that is).

4. adogintheocean

adogintheocean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cool ill have look at the dvd79 the real reason i picked the azur was because it was part of a package but if there similar prices ill try and get the dvd79 instead. thanxs for the tip

5. JeffLaws1

JeffLaws1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the same screen 42pd4200 and find it a nice one, had a nightmare trying to figure out cables and such, ended up running the home cinema rgb to av1, fantastic PQ on dvd's, Sky can be crap through the scart but I put a monster scart on and it did improve still not as good as I would like but more than watchable.

dont be put off by the PQ when you first turn it on it gets better with age and fiddling with settings, go for quality cables and not the cheap stuff, made that mistake, won't again.

I was thinking of maybe trying a JS converter to VGA, but apparently they are not compatible, not sure if it would help with sky anyway.

Best of luck

6. adogintheocean

adogintheocean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yay got plasma ended up with 42pd4200 and the PQ is really good i also had trouble with home cinema but think i sorted it now.

7. Blu Ray

Blu Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I concur with Madasahat about tvcables.co.uk, used em a couple of times. You'll need component, digital coax audio cable, and speaker cable of course. Banana plugs optional :) You didn't mention digibox, but you'll need scart & audio cable(s) for that too.

8. adogintheocean

adogintheocean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yah i got all the cables waitin for stand to be delivered then setting up speakers