Hitachi 42pd5200 Transformer Buzz

S

sbuckley

Hi There,

just recevied my 42pd5200 on Monday. bought from 247 electrical. I have noticed that there is a discernable buzzing noise coming from the transformer when watching it. At my normal volume level you can hear it in the background. I really notice it, but others don't. I have read the post re the problem with the 42pd3000 model, and the fact that hitachi have recognised it as a problem. Can anyone give me an idea of the level this should be. should it be completely silent or should i expect a minor buzz.

cheers

shaun:confused:

Hi Shaun, Mrs Brethy here we have the 42pd5000 and I have to say there is no noise at all. The only way you can hear any buzzing is to turn the sound off and put your ear to the plasma and even then it's very quiet. Hope this helps, but sorry if it means there's a problem.

thanks for the info Mrs Brethy. i'll try getting onto 247 electrical and hitachi to get it fixed.

cheers

shaun

thanks for the info Mrs Brethy. i'll try getting onto 247 electrical and hitachi to get it fixed.

cheers

shaun

Hi there,

have just spoken with 247 electrical, and am waiting for the customer services guy to speak to his MD about it. I told him that this is an issue with the 42pd3000 and that hitachi are replacing the transformers. fingers crossed i'll get this done quite quickly. on the upside, this display is superb. the picture from sky is super sharp. have also tried the superbit version of gladiator, again amazing picture and the contrast is excellent - black is really black. also checked for grey patches while watching finding nemo. when to go into the dark after the goggles, the screen is completely black. I wasn't watching is at this point, i turned around and though the screen had been turned off it was so dark. anyway keeping fingers crossed it gets sorted.

thanks for the help

shaun

Did you ever get your problem solved? I have the same buzzing sound on my Tatung 46" model, and I am wondering if I can get the transformer replaced.

Have just spoken with 247 electrical again and they gave me hitachi's number. i contacted them and told them of the problem, they gave me another number and just told me to ring this company and they will come out and fix your transformer. contacted Direct Television and they are sending out an engineer on tuesday. I can't believe that it only took 10 mins on the phone to get it all sorted. Hitachi just said ring these and they'll sort it all out. It seems that they must be aware of the problem to get it sorted so quickly. Anyway, i'll give you all an update on tuesday as to whether or not it resolves the buzzing.

shaun

had the engineer out yesterday. He took one look at it and was amazed at the buzzing. He said he could either take it away or i could get onto hitachi. I spoke to hitachi and they told me to get onto 247 electical. I contacted them and told them what the engineer and hitachi had said, i also gave them the engineers name and a contact number so they can confirm the problem. They seem happy to replace the screen. They told me they would ring me back. I rang them this morning and again i'm waiting for them to ring me back again with a delivery date for a new screen. So for all you's how plan to get a 42pd5***, if it buzzes get onto whoever straight away and you get it replaced. Don't hang around to see if the buzzing disappears. Hopefully hitachi will take on board all the replacements and sort the transformers out.

shaun:clap:

Shaun,

HELP! - got the same problem - buzzin is drivin me mad -retailer doesn't seem to interested. They tell me that all plasmas buzz...some worse than others. Did you ever get a replacment and if so does it buzz !!.
I've only had the panel for 3 weeks but cant take much more!!

Hi rloughran1

247 electical have agreed to replace the set. I'm just trying to get them to send it to me before i send back the faulty one. Hopefully all will be sorted next week. you could try phoning hitachi, thats what i did and they told me just to ring a number and they would sort it. Try the number below, they sould give you the number for an engineer. If you want you can mention my name as an example of there acceptance of a problem.

Hitachi Customer Services - 0870 4054405

good luck

shaun buckley:smashin:

I also have a hitachi pd5200 with a loud buzzing noise the second one as the first one was replaced by Sound and Vision. Hitachi engineer came out and said the buzzing was excessive and have ordered a new power supply. Now SOUND AND VISION have sent me a bill for £720 for the first one stating there is no fault. I have got Hitachi involved but s&v can forget me paying £720 plus the cost of the plasma to have 2 buzzing plasmas

Just got off the phone with 247electrical and my replacement 42pd5200 will be here tomorrow. I managed to get them to agree to do a send and return so that at least i had a tv. They have also tested the panel and there is no buzz. It's taken a few weeks, but at least they sorted it out. hope this tale helps other in the same situation.

shaun :clap:

Have a Hitachi 42pd5300 that was buzzing right from the first day on.

The hitachi technician came today to replace one of the coils of the transformer on the PCB. Was easy to discover which one it was, besides it was buzzing, it was very hot (electrical losses and vibrations probably).

After replacing the buzzer-coil the screen was not working. :eek:
Finally he discovered that the guys at the dispatching center gave him the wrong component (for a 42pd5200). He told me it was a different type then the ones for the 5300, don't know what to think about it, but sounds not really convincing to me, anyway he is coming back one of the days to replace it with the "right" one. :confused:

Furthermore my dealer promised me also to replace it with another one or another brand when the replacement of the coil didn't work out.

Right now I am still more or less ok about after sales of Hitachi here in the Netherlands. My dealer and Hitachi were very helpful and do their best to keep me as customer happy. But will have to wait for the final replacement of the coil, and to see/hear the screen working without bzzzzzBZZZbzzzzzzzzzzBZZZZZZbzzz :clown:

keep you guys informed

E

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom