Hitachi 42PD5200 (should I)


Standard Member
I am on the verge of shelling out £2000 on an Hitachi 42PD5200, but I have seen that there maybe a new 42PD7200 coming out. Does anybody know when and approx how much the new one will cost. I am thinking that it maybe worth waiting another couple of months if the price is not going to be a lot more than the 5200.

tks in advance



dont know anything about the new screen, but if what you say is correct then the 5200 will probably come down a bit in price - maybe. (if u can wait)


Standard Member
Why wait? New model will be, say 500 quid more when it comes out, and then you`ll be more confused thinking what you can buy for 2500 (new fujitsu perhaps?)


Standard Member
I've got to get off the fence, I have been pondering over this for ages and keep on getting side tracked. Technogoly is a pig. May just wait until April, should have saved up the extra 500 by then.


Active Member
I am in exactly the same boat.... i may make it easy for myself and when you decide to buy it let me know and i will just go out and order there and then !

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom