1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42PD5200 - newbie questions

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Vix, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Vix

Vix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

I have just ordered a Hitachi 42PD5200. I have read about the issues some users have had with colour and Duncan Wardle's suggestions for fixing them. I am otherwise a complete newbie when it comes to current av equipment, standards, connections etc.

I have a couple of questions and should be grateful for any advice:

1) The 42pd5200 has only one scart. What are the best connections to use for:
    a) standard Sky box
    b) vcr
    c) dvd player

2) any recommendations for a dvd player having dvi-d output to take advantage of the Hitachi's input? Is it worth the extra cost?

3) any recommendations for a dvd recorder. (And if there was one with dvi-d it would be a bonus!)

Cheers all!

2. townsejl

townsejl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya mate.

Just a quick bit of info about the 42PD5200. Although it only has one 'scart' input, the component input 2 on the unit can be switched to RGB. You would need a scart to component (RGBs) connector (which you can get from Keene Electronics for about 6 quid) and the six phono-phone leads to connect your equipment (R, G, B, video-out, audio L/R) but this would give you an extra scart input and the picture quality on this is just as good as the dedicated scart input.

Hope you enjoy your new toy mate, I've had mine for about 3 weeks now and am well impressed - it's worth messing around with the settings a bit tho. It can mean the difference between a good picture and a stunning picture :thumbsup:

Jamie.