hitachi 42pd5200 hd compatibility help required

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by mattharesign, Nov 5, 2005.

1. mattharesign

mattharesign
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    right then

Will i be able to play xbox 360 games in all their hd glory on this screen?

I've had conflicting info basically. I've been told the screen is hd-compatible, but not ready. Its missing a connector or something...

Also argos appear to be flogging the above screens for £1200, but with a disclaimer saying you might get the 42pd5000.

Does anyone know what these are like? Are they HD compatible or ready?

Many thanks for your help in advance

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Not, is the definitive answer. no 720p component video at 50Hz, nor on digital. It won't work with UK X-box we think, unless an option for 1080i is there anyway, which is not clear. It might be there with some games, or Microsoft might put the option on the x-box menu, we eagerly await the answer! SkyHD is a nono. You need the 5200H for sky, still no x-box, or the 6600 which scores in all the goals, there is a big thread about them always hovering near the top of the list, try next page if not. Or else, in this end of the plasma market, you could look at LG. Don't expect any of the budget brands to be the dog's nadgers at everything, but they are big, bright, and flat, so you may not worry! They have some good strengths, Hitachis look good with 1080i, though overscanned, and LG have good black levels. If they are as much as you can afford, you'll have to be happy I suppose. The Panasonic TH42PWD8 is about £1400 inc a video board or so, if you already have digital TV and a sound sytem of some sort that could make sense, the VW Golf of plasma we could say.

3. mattharesign

mattharesign
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers ears - think i'll go with the 6600 - mebbe even wait a while and go for the 7500.