1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42PD5200 DVI DVD?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by simon391088, Jan 19, 2005.

1. simon391088

simon391088
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Does anyone here have a 42pd5200 and a dvd player which connects to the DVI port?

Apparently there is a Samsung and a Panny which will do this.
    If so, is it worth the money? - does it work properly? - Which one is the best?
    Any comments welcome.

Thanks

Simon

2. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Simon.

I have the same plasma as you, and like you, wanted an HDMI player to take advantage of our plasmas DVID input which is HDCP compliant.

I looked around and settled on a multiregion Panasonic S97, and am very impressed. Basically the dvd player has an HDMI input. Your plasma has the DVID input. So the first thing you need to get is an HDMI-DVID cable. Readily available at keene elctronics (where I got mine) or places like Maplins.

Connect it up and voila - brilliant pictures.

You will need a dedicated amp as the DVID does not transmit audio, so you'll need a DD5.1 (and if you can DTS) amp. Run either an optical or coaxial lead from the amp to the player and you will have digital sound.

The player itself is great for Hi def. It's reasonably new out, and there is not a great deal of reviews in press etc, but a fair few forums have reviews. The picture is astounding and we are delighted with the this and plasma.

I played Star Wars and INdianna Jones and Kill Bill.VOl 1 and the Godfather (for a mix ) and the picture was fantastic as I'm sure it is on other HDMI players. But for the price I don't think you will better it. Make sure its multi region out the box version you get though (if you go for it) as if not you have to buy a remote or something

cheers

3. Hudson

Hudson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi

I am looking at getting your Plasma (well not yours of course !), but connected to the Denon 1910, could you tell me if you have had any lip sync probs with your set up ?

4. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Hudson, I have had no problems with lip sync with my set up. thank goodness. don't know about the Denon though :smashin:

5. simon391088

simon391088
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies guys.
    I will probably get one, although will take a look at the Samsung as well.

Simon