1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 42PD5200 and PS2 problems?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by SavageDonkey, Jun 8, 2005.

1. SavageDonkey

SavageDonkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I have an Hitachi 42PD5200 which I got just before Christmas and still haven't set up correctly!

I have my Xbox and Gamecube connected though AV2 with component cables, using a splitter (which has three inputs). The Xbox is UK(PAL) but modified and set to NTSC with 480p,720p and 1080i enabled in the menu. The Gamecube is NTSC too and both play fine (I have set the Xbox to PAL and it displays great too as the input is set to AUTO,so it detects for PAL and NTSC).

I have my DVD Player though AV1 Component and SKY through AV4 with an RGB Scart.

Anyway, I'm trying to connect my UK PS2 with component cables. I've tried everything, AV1 and AV2 messing about with settings. It always displays the Logo that constantly rolls accross the screen with a purple flicker!

Can anyone help?

thanks

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Is the PS2 set to output RGB or YUV via the compenent cables? IIRC, the Hitachi expects a YUV signal via component (at least this is case with the 5300).

John